AIRBORNEWIFEY’s Posts

AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 5/26/18 5:06 pm
Topic: RE: Fell off the wagon

Got word today that a very close family member passed away unexpectedly. I popped open an Angry Orchard and drank it, afterwards I put it into my food log app and saw that it took me over my carb intake for the day. My intitial reaction was to beat myself up. Then the lightbulb in my brain went off and I realized it was fixable. After dinner I walked an extra two miles to burn it off. Ultimately I will never be perfect at this but a slip up isn't a reason to give up, you just have to do what you can to move forward. This page really helps me to stay on track and accountable.

AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 5/26/18 12:35 pm, edited 5/26/18 5:36 am

I just went to the grocery store today for the first time since getting back on track. Took me twice as long because I was reading everything. I had my 8 yr old with me who wanted every sweet carb thing he could find. I made sure to buy only ones that I'm not to fond of to help me not feel as tempted. I too am noticing the cravings aren't as bad. My biggest battle is late night snacking. I would find my self actually waking up at night craving sweets. Although I know it's not the best idea I have resorted to sucking on sugar free hard candy or sugar free mint gum when a craving hits and it has helped a lot. For the weekend BBQ I stocked up on meats that we can grill and hummus for me.

AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 5/25/18 2:52 pm

Basically it's like the pre surgery diat but not as strict for as long. Day 1 clear liquids, Day 2-3 full liquid, 4-6 pureed food, 7-9 soft foods and 10 forward healthy foods. All of the advice listed above to go along with it.

AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 5/25/18 2:48 pm

Thank you all for the encouragement and advice. It really helps to know that other people under what we are going through. I have worked too long and hard to let food win in the end. I am at day 4 of the reset and I can tell you my energy level is so much higher and I don't feel that sugar crash nastiness. Thanks again. Have a wonderful weekend

AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 5/23/18 5:34 pm

Hi all. It's been several years since I posted. I'm 7 years out from surgery. I originally lost 112 lbs but have gained about 35 back...20 of it in the last 3 months. I'm very frustrated and discouraged. I decided to come back here for support and advice. I moved across the country in February and I think the whole change drug me away from my focus. I am currently doing the controversial 10 day reset. Not so much to shrink my stomach but to refocus on the basics. I work a lot and don't have time to exercise (yes biggest excuse ever) so I have started walking the 4 flights of stairs to my office instead of ever taking the elevator and I walk for my lunch break. I know the biggest issue is that I gave into my carb addiction and stopped worrying about my protein intake. I guess I'm just saying hi and looking for a bit of encouragement.

AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 4/19/12 4:54 am
Topic: RE: So frustrated...help please

Thank you both for your input and encouragement.  I will begin using your suggestions immediately.  I never would have made it this far in my journey without this site and the wonderful people that are on it.

AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 4/19/12 4:37 am
Topic: RE: So frustrated...help please
I am 20 months out of surgery and have totally gone off the path.  I have lost 102 lbs which is great and I am not complaining but my eating habits are horrible.  I find myself always hungry.  I am not sure if its head hunger or real hunger but I swear my stomach feels empty.  I havent started gaining anything back but I am certainly not losing any more either.  I dont exercise, take my vitamins or drink nearly enough water.  UGH...I want to do the right thing I really do.  I have been through too much and worked too hard to fail at this now....nightime eating is the WORST.  Please give me tips and words of wisdom on how to get back on track before I start gaining.  Thank you all!!!
AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 11/28/10 12:15 am
Topic: RE: Am I expecting too much???
Thank you ALL for your input and Kind words....thats exactly why I keep coming back to this site.  The encouragement you get on here is like no other.  I will keep plugging along...part of the problem is that I have been in a 2 week stall and its so frustrating....I havent measured from the start so maybe that would be the thing to do....I know we can still lose inches if we arent losing pounds....thank you all....many blessings to you :o)

Tanya

AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 11/27/10 6:07 am
Topic: RE: Am I expecting too much???
Hi all, hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.....I am feeling frustrated with the amount of my weight loss.....I know I know we all lose at different rates and I shouldnt be comparing to anyone else....I had my surgery August 26 and have lost 40 lbs since then it just seems to be coming off soooo sllllooooowwww.  I look in the mirror and all I see is the same fat ole me.  I know there are things I could be doing more of....exercise, getting more protein.....its just SO hard to find the time for a set exercise routine.  I try with the protein I really do but there are days it just doesnt happen.  I know I am looking for an instant fix and its just not gonna happen UGGH thanks for listening just had to vent....

Tanya

AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 10/23/10 7:52 am
Topic: RE: I think my jaw just hit the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry been away from the computer since i first posted this but I wanted to thank all of you for your encouragement...couldnt do it without the people on here giving their support....Best of luck to all of you!!!!

AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 10/21/10 11:07 am
Topic: RE: Warning: Photo Whoring - Went shopping today!
Absolutely beautiful!!!  Congrats to you....BTW I love the blue and black dress!!!

AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 10/21/10 11:01 am
Thank you ladies....and the support from this site has helped so much....the first 2 weeks I was wondering what the heck I had gotten myself into LOL

Gonna try the ticker thing and see if it works

Tanya

AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 10/21/10 10:54 am
I have one but dont know how to get it on my posts lol.  Suggestions would be great....I am clueless with this site.
AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 10/21/10 10:47 am
A friend who had WLS  last year gave me a bunch of size 16 clothes last week.  I NEVER thought they would fit.. I havent been a size 16 in almost 10 years....so tonight I was bored and decided to see how tight they were going to be and THEY FIT PERFECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am amazed right now....7 weeks out of surgery and I went from a size 22 to a size 16!!!  WOW.
AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 10/10/10 5:38 am
Topic: RE: Can I take my blood pressure meds 2 days before surgery?
I took my blood pressure medicine up until the day of (not that day though) and PRAISE  God I have never had to take it again!!!.... Is there an emergency number on the answering machine at your surgeons office?  Maybe you can call the local ER and ask the Dr there on call.  Good luck

Tanya
AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 10/10/10 5:35 am
Topic: RE: I can only take 10 days off from work and I have a 1 yr old at home
Always go with what your surgeon says but for my personal experience, I took one week off of work ( not a physically strenious job) and I have a 3 yr old and a then 3 month old.  I was just fine.  The first few days I needed a bit of help but after that no issues.  My surgeon told me not to lift anything over 15 lbs for 6 weeks.  I abided by that for the most part but at about 5 weeks there were a few times I lifted my 3 yr old (she is 28 lbs) because she was sick and hubby was at work.  Ask the surgeon...they all have different rules and good luck.  You will do great!!!

Tanya
AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 10/6/10 10:06 am
Topic: RE: Question about stitches...
LOL I guess my tweezer picking days are over.  I will give her a call tomorrow.  Thank you for your replies.
AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 10/6/10 9:20 am
Topic: RE: Question about stitches...
I am now almost 6 weeks out of surgery.  The past few days I have noticed that one of my scars is a bit irritated and I realized its one of the stitches working its way out from inside.  I was able to remove one with a pair of tweezers but there is still more there and when I pull on it I feel like I am pulling my insides out.  I dont want to damage anything or cause an infection.  Has anyone else had this issue and if so what did you do about it?  Thanks in advance!!!

Tanya
AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 10/2/10 7:45 am
Topic: RE: Panic mode
It was 80% of the stomach Hayley and she said 4 to 6 oz within the next 6 months.  Right now I am consuming 400-600 calories a day.  She said that the standard size they use is the 50F.  It was a military surgeon at a military hospital.  So of course they do not specialize in WLS.  I have talked to others who had their procedure done there and had lots of good luck with it.  I am so concerned about the long term now though.
AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 10/2/10 7:10 am
Topic: RE: Panic mode
Ok so after hearing everyone talk about thier Bougie size on here I decided to ask my surgeon what size they used on me when I went for my 1 month check up....she said 50 french !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am in a panic now that my stomach can hold too much and that I am going to lose weight slowly or even worse gain it back....... I am afraid to eat anything  please give me words of wisdom......

Thank you

Tanya
AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 9/15/10 10:28 am
Topic: RE: PROTEIN ???
Thank you Jennifer....I will give it a shot....I tried all day to choke down the same protein drink and only got about half of it down today....it was 30 grams total so I got about 15 in.....I tried the Yoplait  Blueberry today and liked it....I made the mistake of trying the Chobani Vanilla flavor and OMGo**** was horrible...it ruined me on the rest of the flavors...I will try it again next week....thanks  again.
AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 9/14/10 9:40 am

Thank you.Dynielle... I have been eating Chobani which is between 14 and 16 grams of protein but the last few days its been making me gag....Yoplait recently came out with a greek yogurt.  I bought some today but havent tried it yet.  I actually just started full solids but am still pretty skeptical so am sticking mostly with softer foods still....I feel hungry but cannot get much in.  Think I may have to temporarily spend money on the bullets...I am only getting about 30-40 grams of protein in a day...I appreciate your input.

AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 9/14/10 9:27 am
Topic: RE: One Month Doc Visit
Great weight loss!!!!  Congrats on your Victory!!!  Too fast .......as long as you are doing what he told you then I wouldnt think you have anything to worry about....i think its wonderful...did he tell you to change anything about your diet when you were there today....I would say keep up the great work....  Opened your incisions ummm OUCH  sounds painful....hopefully they will heal up for you now....Well congrats again...have a great night.

Tanya
AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 9/14/10 9:19 am
Well Jesse its amazing the the things they can get into lil pills so really nothing is beyond the realm of possiblity...

Robin....I am feeling pretty well....just some minor adjustments....still pretty new at this so looking for all the wisdom I can find from the great people on this site....Best of luck with your surgery You will do great!!!

Thank you all for your input....I will have to get the unjury and start forcing it in....I did well before the surgery with the clear protein drinks but after the surgery I cant stand them anymore ~~~ YUCK!!!

Thanks again to all

Tanya
AIRBORNEWIFEY
on 9/14/10 9:02 am

Thank you....is the unjury available in stores or just online?  Have you all found that you lose weight faster when you are getting the protein in that you are supposed to?

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views