Big Medicine Producer needs your help for a new project.

silveraa
on 4/10/09 11:54 am
Hi all,

I have really enjoyed my discussions with you all in the past. I hope all of you are doing well.

We are currently looking to do a new weight loss relationship type programs that we hope you will like.

We are looking for a pre op married couples where both of the partners are obese and that might be interested in being in one of our shows.

If you know of anyone that might fit this description and would be interested in being in a show please email me at.

[email protected]

Thanks again.

Darryl Silver
Executive Producer
The Idea Factory
jackie_p36
on 5/9/09 2:32 pm

We are not married but have cohabitated for over two years.  We are going to MX in June I am having VSG and he is getting banded.  We are both self pay and hoping to be supportive of each other.  If you want to get in touch with us just PM me.

FindingAndrea
on 12/11/09 12:14 pm - Waterbury Center, VT
Hello, I am not married to an obese man, but I am obese and trying to convert from a lapband to a RNY. I initially did well, but when my weight loss slowed, my surgeon bullied me. I then started making and canceling appointments with him. Two years later I have maintained the weight I lost, but I spent a hellish 1.5 years suffering from transfer addiction. I started drinking a bottle of wine, sometimes more to cope with my feelings of failure.

I think the story of transfer addiction and failed surgery needs to be told and I'd be happy to tell my story in the hopes of preventing someone else pain and from going through what I did. I'd also be willing to meet with my surgeon and discuss what happened. I think that would be very interesting to the weight loss surgery community.

It turns out that I wasn't really ready to have weight loss surgery emotionally and I don't think I was prepared adequately for it. I am currently writing a book about my experience. I am a professor at the New England Culinary Institute and I have a Doctorate in Education. I am an accomplished person but obesity and the reasons I became obese are tough nuts to crack. I'm cracking them though. I would love to talk with you more if my story is of interest to you. I think my story of going to work at a culinary institute and realizing I had a disordered relationship with food and how I've overcome that would appeal to the shows audience.

If you want to call  me my number is 802-505-1039. I live in VT, right up the road from Ben and Jerry's! Good thing I don't eat their product.

Best Wishes,

Dr. Andrea Silva McManus

Ticker

Create Your Own Ticker

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/10 1:30 am
Hi!

I'm using an old post to get some informaton regarding a surgeon in Akron, OH.

In December, 2009 I saw one of the "extreme" shows, with people weighing 1,000 pounds and over, 

There was a woman who had lymphedema in her legs so bad that one leg weighed 200 pounds by itself, and her inner thighs had such large lymphedema tumors, the could not bring her legs together to stand or walk.

The surgeon did the de-bulking surgery, and she was able to gain some ability to ambulate and hold her legs in a normal position.  I would like to contact that surgeon, to possibly undergo de-bulking once I have reached my goal weight, which should be about late spring or early summer of this year.

I have a very large lymphedema mass on the back of my left thigh.  It needs to come off before I can get a knee replacement on that leg. On February 25, 2009, I had a duodenal switch performed by Dr. Margaret Inman (Meridian Surgical Group) at St. Vincent's Bariatric Center of Excellence in Carmel, Indiana.    As of today, I am within 78 pounds of reaching my goal weoight of 145.

I hope you can find the information for me.  If that surgeon could do that kind of debulking, with a fully involved leg, my tumor removal should be a cakewalk for him!
Most Active