Weight Gain!

cfidecaro
on 5/23/13 3:44 am - Snohomish, WA

I am almost 6 years out for RNY and a total weight lost of 152 pounds..YAY right.. Well over the course of the last 12 months I have had several life curves that have sent me reeling. From a cheating spouse and a divorce to placing my adult child in a group home for the disabled, it has been a very difficult road. I found myself reaching for my comfort friend of food and have managed to pack back on 35 pounds. I am reaching out for some help advise on how to get back to the program and dump the 35 before it becomes 135. Has anyone re-gained and then had to re-lose? Any advise..words of wisdom..what worked for you??

Cheryl N.
on 8/27/13 6:17 am - Des Moines, WA

If you are still with GH, they have back on track support group meetings in Bellevue.  Also, FYI, Dr. Bock is no longer with GH.  Dr. Landers is the surgeon there now.  I had lapband, then revised to bypass in 2011.  He's a great surgeon.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

Most Active