Support Group in Kitsap area?

vitalady
on 6/9/13 1:16 pm - Puyallup, WA
RNY on 10/05/94
There was a group there from the 90's until just this year. I think that group sorta fell off the hospital lists of "approved groups", since it was all patient lead.

There's also one in Puyallup.

The difference in these groups is that they existed so long, there are more long termers here than elsewhere. That's not to say the group you attend is bad or "less", but you might consider adding a group to the ones you attend. If I could go to every one in the state, I'd do it, just to get the support I need and to get different views, recent studies, etc.

But my question is, since someone is now w2illing to start a new group probably mid-kitsap, Chico? Silverdale? would others be interested in attending?

We lived there when I had my surgery i***** but we moved to Puyallup in 1995. We attended Kitsap as often as possible, since those people helped launch us.. I still thank a women who'd had several surgeries in the late 70's and 80's, but still attended.. healthy and holding a good wt. It MaDE me want to attend. We started an east Pierce County group because there was nothing over this way.

Any interest, anywhere? They'd not be doctor, surgery or date specific. We all started out the same, morbidly obese and miserable. And over time, many of our issues are the same, regardless of surgery type. Loose skin, relationships that change

Michelle
RNY, distal, 10/5/94 

P.S.  My year + long absence has NOTHING to do with my WLS, or my type of WLS. See my profile.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 6/25/13 9:26 am

Kitsap is farther than I'd go on a regular basis. I wish there were a group neared Olympia.

Most Active