Insurance approved! Now, to pick a surgery center? Thoughts?

djstatick
on 5/21/15 10:30 am - Seattle, WA

I've been approved by my insurance, and now I need to pick a surgery center. I'm having a hard time narrowing it down. I'm going to have a VSG done, and I live in West Seattle. I'm trying to decide between Overlake, UW, Virginia Mason, PSSC, and NWWLS. So, thoughts? Good, bad, whatever. I've been doing a lot of research and can't seem to make up my mind. My main concerns would be the surgery itself, follow-up care, how easy they are to get in touch with afterward, and all that.  Thanks for any help.

Sjfink
on 6/20/15 9:39 pm
VSG on 09/08/15

It sounds like we have the same insurance! I have my 6 month follow up with my Dr. in a couple of weeks and should get my referral after that. I've scheduled a consult with PSSC on 7/13, but I'm also still considering UW. I really like the idea of having the sleeve as an outpatient procedure (which they do at PSSC), but I'm just not sure if I'm really comfortable not being at a hospital. Lots to think about. Would love to hear what you decided! 

lovelife
on 7/18/15 5:53 pm - Hoquiam, WA

You may have already made up your mind, but I had my surgery at PSSC on June 10th of this year and I am thrilled with the follow up care.  I also had fabulous care after surgery until I got to go home at 5:30 the next morning.  There were two nurses for three of us and they were on top of any little thing we needed.  I would highly recommend this center. 

I had both a band removal and a sleeve...two separate surgeries. 

Sjfink
on 7/18/15 11:15 pm
VSG on 09/08/15

I've decided on PSSC. When they told me that staying overnight was an option, I felt so much better. They're submitting everything for final insurance approval and I'm hoping to schedule surgery for 9/8. Who was your surgeon?

djstatick
on 7/6/16 11:16 am - Seattle, WA

So, I haven't signed in in forever! Almost a year out of my surgery... I went with PSSC (Now Eviva) with Dr. Landerholm. I'm down 200lbs., so I'm pretty happy with my decision!

Most Active