MEDICAID AND MEDICARE SURGEONS LIST!

Member Services
on 8/31/12 1:48 pm - Irvine, CA
Hello Members,

On a daily basis we get calls from members in desperate need of surgeons that will accept Medicaid and or Medicare for Bariatric surgery.  It breaks our hearts when we have to say "we don't know of any surgeons in your state we can refer you to". 

Can you please help us? If you know of any surgeons in your state that accepts Medicaid and or Medicare, will you list their:

Name

If they accept Medicare and or Medcaid

Phone number

Facility

Address

This list will remain here for our members to access and use.

Thank you so much!!!

ObesityHelp,

Member Services

munch2much
on 11/30/07 6:08 am - WI
  Home spacer
spacer
spacer Homespacer|spacer Locations and Mapsspacer|spacer Patients and Visitorsspacer|spacer Online Services spacer spacer|spacer Careersspacer|spacer Contact Us
spacer
spacer
Bariatric Surgery spacer spacer
spacer
TEXT SIZE  + A | -A
spacer
Bariatric Surgery Home Our Providers Locations and Maps Surgical Options For Patients Internet Resources About Bariatric Surgery
spacer
Contact   (608) 265-7090 [email protected] (608) 265-1211 (fax)   News  

Bariatric Program Designated Blue Distinction Center

UW Health Bariatric Program Designated Center of Excellence

Video   Video icon A Life-Changing Experience   Support   Bariatric Surgery Support Group Bariatric surgery at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics in Madison, Wisconsin offers gastric bypass surgery and the LAP-BAND® System as means of helping severely obese people lose weight so that coexisting health problems can be diminished or eliminated.   UW Health's expert bariatric surgeons are here to help you and perform these procedures at UW Hospital and Clinics and Meriter Hospital.   The UW Health bariatric surgery program believes that more important than the number of pounds lost is the overall improved health gained after bariatric surgery. The true measure of the operation's success is the improvement or even elimination of many obesity conditions.   With that in mind, our program staff will work with you post-surgery to make sure that you have the resources you need to continue on your path to a healthier life.   Free Newsletter   Current patients as well as those who are interested in learning more about bariatric surgery can sign up for our free newsletter.
space space space
UW School of Medicine and Public Health (www.med.wisc.edu) Our Services Find a Doctor Health Information Home notch Locations and Maps Patients and Visitors Careers Contact Us notch Español Quality Reports Health Professionals About Us notch News Events Video Site Map Unity Health Insurance (unityhealth.com)
space space space
Survey: Tell us what you think about uwhealth.org
spacer
Notice of Privacy Practices (HIPAA) Page updated: 11/7/2007 Copyright © 2007 University of Wisconsin Hospitals and Clinics Authority Use of this site signifies your agreement to the terms and conditions
  spacer
weazieb
on 12/19/07 1:12 pm - Milwaukee, WI
In Milwaukee, Wisconsin Aurora Health care does accept the insurance.  I am not too sure if Froedert Medical does or not will find out and repost.
pegleg63
on 2/19/08 9:57 am, edited 2/19/08 10:05 am - Taylor, WI

Gundersen-Lutheran clinic in La Crosse, Wisconsin accepts medicaid/medicare.  They are also a Center of Excellence!  They only do the RNY procedure, nothing else. Website is:  gundluth.org, look up doctor by name or specialty. Gundersen-Lutheran 1900 south Ave. La Crosse, Wis.  54601 phone: 608-775-2331 or 800-362-9567 ext. 52331  Dr. Shanu Kothari, MD  Dr. Mattew Baker, MD  Christopher Larson, PA-C, RD

weightloss.jpg weightloss image by pegleg63Beth    
hillm
on 3/7/08 4:04 am - Sun Prairie, WI
UW Health in Madison WI DRs Garren and Gould are great you can go to meriterhealth.com and go to the bariatric surgery site and get info they also have a message board. They are a Center Of Excellance also and they accept both Medicare and Medicade.  I hope this helps!!!! Marie

You can achieve anything if you try hard enough!!!!!

JadedJassy
on 2/10/09 10:31 pm - Madison, WI
Marie you are a life saver! Thank god for you!

Jassy

ikagram
on 3/8/08 8:37 am
Midwest Bariatrics in Neenah Wisconsin,  Dr. Wasco take medicare and medicaid Badger Care

Cindy Strickland
Neenah, Wisconsin
Dr. Wasco
Midwest Bariatrics COE
Open RNY
07/09/2008

High/Sugery/Now/Dr. Goal/My Goal
354/299/229/170/150

luvey
on 7/11/08 1:40 pm - WI

Name: Bariatric Institute of Wisconsin

If they accept Medicare and or Medcaid: Yes they accept both

** They are a Center of Excellence**

Phone number: (262) 522-8300

Facility: Elmbrook Hospital

Bariatric Institute of Wisconsin

www.bariatricwi.com

22370 Bluemound Rd
Waukesha, WI 53186
Tricia Stewart
on 4/12/09 5:06 pm - Eau Claire, WI

Dr. Michael Kendrik

Medicare

507-266-5670

Mayo Clinic
Rochester, MN 55902

This is who my insurance required me to go through to have surgery.  It went very quickly once I completed all the post-op stuff.

tommie924
on 10/8/09 12:20 am
Theda Clark in Neenah, WI will but it is a long hard pocess which my son is caught up in the middle of. I have things to discuss about this. Phone # is 920-720-7300. They are having a group seminar in Green Bay at the Raddison near the airport this month. We went a year ago and still are not yet close to applying for coverage. It is a start of a long chain of events they have patients comply to. Good luck! we are not giving up.
Most Active