New to Wisconsin

Mrs.Hansen
on 11/22/09 1:45 am - College Park, MD
Hello everyone my name Lisa  I am new to Madison Wisconsin, I move from Maryland , I had RNY on jan 28, 2009, I have to find a new doctor here in Madison, I am on Medicare , I really need to find a doctor soon, does anyone have any good doctors that take medicare and medicaid ?
madtownmarie
on 11/22/09 4:56 am - WI
hi lisa-  I am not certain about this but I believe I read somewhere that the doctors at the UW clinic take medicare-  so you could check there.  UW Bariatrics.
mgreene84
on 11/23/09 8:51 am - Mayville, WI
They do take medicare and medicade, but the staff is not very people friendly...that is why i switched to the Bariatric Institute of WI in Waukesha.
I bleed BLACK and GOLD...STEELERS FOOTBALL...Its in my soul!    

jvogt
on 12/2/09 9:55 am - Hartland, WI
I love the Bariatric Center in Waukesha! It is not that far of a drive for you!

Jod
RNY 6/22/09
Arriving at one goal, is a starting point to another

Nicki104
on 11/23/09 9:14 pm - Portage, WI
If you don't want to leave Madison, there are two choices - Dean and UW.  As of right now, Dean doesn't accept Medicare/Medicaid for the actual surgeries but I am unsure if they do for other care.  UW definitely takes it.
Good Luck! & Welcome to the land of Cheese!

Believe in YOU!            
Tammy G.
on 12/2/09 11:41 am - Cudahy, WI

Yes I also love the bariatrics of wi. in waukesha, Thats who is going to do my ds surgery Dr. Engstrand and his crew are awesome ppl, very very organized and very ppl friendly.. In Madison I do not know of tho.. I wish you luck on your adventure..

Tammy

Lisey
on 12/24/09 2:19 am - Milwaukee suburb, WI
Hi there!

I was wondering if anyone else in WI had the DS!

Lisa - welcome to WI!  I'm from here originally, but lived in ND for 5 yrs & moved back here last May . . . and my real name is Lisa!  Go figure!!

Happy holidays everyone!

HW / SW / CW / GW      299 / 287160 / 140     Feb '09 / Mar '09 / Dec '13 /Aug '10          

Appendicitis/Bowel Obstruction Surgery 8/21/10
Beat Hodgkin's Lymphoma!  7/15/2011 - 1/26/2012 

Ran Half-Marathon 10/14/2012

First Pregnancy, Due 8/12/14                             I LOVE MY DS!!!

JaeOnasi
on 12/2/09 3:24 pm - Kenosha, WI
My dad had to have esophageal cancer surgery (successful!) at UW-Madison--the surgeons there are top-notch. 
I'm proud to be a Geeky Mom, and read about it here (clicky)!

Most Active