Completed 12 mos of medical supervised diet

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/09 11:22 am - La Crosse, WI
Hello everyone I am new to this forum. I am from the La Crosse area. I am a patient of Dr. Baker at Gunderson Lutheran in La Crosse.  This is truely a journey. I have completed all of my pre-requisites for the surgery (including psych eval) 

Today was a big day for me it was my 12th apointment with my dietitian. I have Badgercare Plus with United Healthcare insurance. My doctors office said that Badgercare Plus would only cover the surgery if I had documentation of a medically supervised diet. I really thought this was absurd at first considering I have been on every diet imaginable over the last 15 years. Including Xenical and WW. Which both did help me lose weight but I never more than 30-40 lbs. So I am very nervous and now am playing the waiting game to see if the last 12 months of my commitment will pay off and I will get approved.

Sorry for the long post.. thanks for reading :-)
Lois S.
on 12/9/09 10:30 am - Neenah, WI
Congratulations! Another big step completed! You're preaching to the choir when you speak of all the diets! We've all done them and we've all had the same success/failures. That's why we're here! The waiting game isn't so bad. I say that now because it's been 5 1/2 years since surgery for me, but take this time to really learn about your doctor, your support, the lifetime of changes you'll make, your surgery choice... I really will pay off in the long run! I like to remind people that no matter what surgery type you have, they all work! But they only work as long and as hard as the person commits to it!
robinfrommilw
on 12/9/09 11:12 am - WI
Congrats. I thought 6 months was long time couldn't imagine what 12 months felt like. How much weight have you lost thru the 12 month supervised diet? I lost 50 lbs in the 6 months prior to my surgery. And I am down 63.5 lbs since the surgery. Good luck on your upcoming surgery.
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

Most Active