Brand new here and just starting on this journey HELP!!!!!

lesliekay1970
on 12/25/09 12:23 am - Madison, WI
I now have Badger Care Plus insurance and was wondering what my chances are of being able to get weightloss surgery with it.  I do not even know where to start on all this!  Can you give me some advice of how to start this journey from finding a doctor, how I get my insurance to pay for it and so forth!  Thanks so much!
Leslie
beansandmia
on 12/26/09 12:43 am - Delafield, WI
You can look in the book they gave you about your insurance, or call them, that would be the first thing you need to do. If they cover it then you need to find a doctor.

Hey Jules
on 12/26/09 4:21 am
 I had Badger Care Plus insurance and even though they said they only cover the RNY, they approved me for my DS. 
Just wanted to add, please make sure to include the Duodenal Switch in your WLS research. Any questions, I'd love to help!

www.dsfacts.com

www.duodenalswitch.com

Good luck!

, Jules 

brokenwings.jpg image by heyjules77

5'8", 150cm C.C. - HW 289/SW 275/CW 150/GW 164      I  my DS!!!

Carol57
on 1/4/10 3:03 am
I know you have to have co-morbidity health issues for them to condider payment.  I have high blood pressure, pre diabetes, and osteoartheritis and degenerative disc disease.  They told me that none of these were life threatening because I have some control with medications so they denied my request.  Fortunately I have other options.

Good luck.
Carol
  Carol

Highest./Surgery/Current/Goal
300/259/181/170 

119 Pounds gone with 11 pounds to go!

YOU HAVE NOT FAILED UNTIL YOU QUIT TRYING!!

mgreene84
on 1/4/10 10:50 pm - Mayville, WI
Hi Leslie!

I too have Badger Care Plus and I was approved for surgery in one week. They do require a 6 mo supervised diet and two comorbidities. I went to the Bariatric Institute of WI in Waukesha. I had Dr. Wu and he was wonderful. Everything went great and I am now on the loosing side with no complications or problems. His staff does everything for you so the process is very easy and stress free!

Check them out!

Good luck with everything!

Missy
I bleed BLACK and GOLD...STEELERS FOOTBALL...Its in my soul!    

JaeOnasi
on 1/5/10 1:48 pm - Kenosha, WI
Welcome to the Wisconsin and Obesity help forums!!!
It can be a long journey (8 months for me), but it is so worth it.  I managed to lose weight even during the Christmas holidays!

I'm proud to be a Geeky Mom, and read about it here (clicky)!

berts4
on 1/19/10 1:39 am - Rock City, IL

The first step is to check to see if it is covered under your plan.  Then, I would call at least 2 programs and attend their seminars.

I had mine done with Dr.s Garren & Gould at the UW Madison and I love their program.  I looked at two others before deciding to drive up there.

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active