Which HMO should I choose?

lesliekay1970
on 12/26/09 7:11 pm - Madison, WI
I have Badger Care Plus and have been given the choice of which HMO to join.  My choices are Dean Health Plan, Physicians Plus Insurance Co, Group Health Coop SC WI, and Dean Health Plan Inc.  I am located in Madison.  I was wondering if anyone has had experience getting any of these to approve weight loss surgeries.  I just have no idea which to choose.  I do not want to choose one that I have no chance of being approved with.  Also does anyone know which surgeons in the Madison area except this kind of insurance.  Thank you so much for whatever advice you can share with me.

Leslie
Hey Jules
on 12/28/09 11:05 pm
 Would you be able to call their customer service numbers and ask if they cover Bariatric Surgery?

brokenwings.jpg image by heyjules77

5'8", 150cm C.C. - HW 289/SW 275/CW 150/GW 164      I  my DS!!!

Tammy G.
on 1/2/10 1:29 am - Cudahy, WI
Im not sure on the choices you have, but i know I have badger care plus, but my hmo is united healthcare, and it's a covered service with them, with requirments to follow before getting the surgery.. I believe the dean health is one that covers it but dont quote me on it.. I would call the customer service and ask them,they should have no problem telling you if they do or not... Good Luck on your journey

Tammy
Heather Prest
on 1/2/10 12:18 pm - Milwaukee, WI
my bariatric surgeon, Bobby Wu and his staff said it is easiest to get approved through childrens community care plan which is like dean depending where u are from and also abri but childrens community is good because u wont need referrals to all the appointments and testing you will need prior to submitting for preauthorization.
Helen B.
on 1/12/10 10:22 pm - Lake Placid, FL

Try to get them to let you stay on straight Title 19.. that's what I did..

Helen

Most Active