Does anybody have a good source for vitamins?

AlwaysHungry
on 12/27/09 12:54 am - Sheboygan, WI
I am specifically in need of a convient spot for chewable calcium citrate.

Maybe online is the best?  I do not know.

Thank you
lmdowdy
on 1/1/10 4:45 am
I bought a chewable Caltrate with calcium and vitamin d at walmart. I bought a chewable bariatric advantage vitamin online. I take both of them so I can get the extra calcium.
Happy New Year!!

JaeOnasi
on 1/5/10 9:34 am - Kenosha, WI
I use OptiSource vitamins from Walgreens as my multivitamin.  It probably has a bit more in the vitamin department than I need since I had lapband instead of a malapsorption-based surgery, but the vitamin works.  My aunt, who had RNY 9 years ago, swears by them.  She's never had any bad blood levels when taking these, and my levels last month were terrific.  I believe it has calcium carbonate instead of calcium citrate in it, however.
I'm proud to be a Geeky Mom, and read about it here (clicky)!

AlwaysHungry
on 1/5/10 10:22 am - Sheboygan, WI
Thank you.  My understanding is citrate is digestable without the aid of stomach acid...  ala RNY like I had. 
JaeOnasi
on 1/5/10 1:44 pm - Kenosha, WI
Give Deanna or Kimberly a call--they'll be able to give you some good calcium recommendations, too.  Deanna double checked the OptiSource for me to make sure I wasn't getting too much iron as a bandster, so I know they have a lot of info on vitamins.  I've seen chewable calcium citrate tablets at Walmart and Walgreens, including in the generic version which costs less.
I'm proud to be a Geeky Mom, and read about it here (clicky)!

berts4
on 1/19/10 1:22 am - Rock City, IL

If you are RNY, you need Calcium CITRATE.
I get a very good chewable calcium citrate, Vitamin D & magnesium from www.vitacost.com.

I take 8 of these each day, so they need to be affordable.  They are $ 9.99 per bottle of 120.
Each 4 tablets contain 1000 mg. of calcium citrate, 400 IU of Vitamin D & 500 mg of magnesium.

I actually get a lot of my vitamins from them.  The prices can't be beat.  It takes about a week to get an order.

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active