Anyone interested in a Kenosha support group?

JaeOnasi
on 1/5/10 2:10 pm - Kenosha, WI
With hubby on active duty and 2 school-agers at home, it's a bit tough for me to make Milwaukee meetings, much as I'd dearly love to go to them and be with you all up there. 
I was wondering if folks in the Kenosha/Racine/Lake Geneva/Zion, IL areas would be interested in starting a Kenosha 'branch' of the Milwaukee support group, designed to coordinate with the Milwaukee group for those wanting to participate there as well.  If there's sufficient interest, I'll see if we can get room at Aurora or St. Cat's, or even one of the libraries' meeting rooms.  Feel free to post here or PM me.

Thanks!
I'm proud to be a Geeky Mom, and read about it here (clicky)!

heathernbob2006
on 1/12/10 12:56 pm - Kenosha, WI
I also can't make the milwaukee meetings. I would love to have a kenosha group here in kenosha.  I have my first appt. With Dr. Chua on January 22, 2010... And Im very nervous... They just called me today to set up my first appt with Dr. Chua and they also are going to some type of test that will see if i got bacteria in my stomach that makes ulcers or something. I was wondering if anyone had this test done by Dr. Chua and how they do the test....

kiminmilw
on 1/12/10 1:38 pm - milwaukee, WI
i'm pretty sure they do that test on everyone i remeber doing it.  they make you blow in a bag, drink something that taste like sour lemonade (actually kinda of tasty but hey i'm odd), then you sit for a few, then you blow in another bag.  i forget if you aren't supposed to eat before hand but since i rarely eat in the morning and i had an early appointment it didn't matter.
heathernbob2006
on 1/12/10 2:04 pm - Kenosha, WI
The nurse told me not to take any anti acids which i havent for a month and she told me not to eat an hour before my appt.

(deactivated member)
on 1/12/10 10:48 pm - Menomonee Falls, WI
Jess36
on 2/12/10 11:04 pm - kenosha, WI
I would also be interested in starting a support group in Kenosha!
jpshowers
on 2/22/10 4:49 am
I'm very interested in a support group in Kenosha.  What can I do to help get this going?  Had lap-band in March 2009 and down 55 lbs, but I need something to push me for the next 55 lbs. 
fluffyk1977
on 3/6/10 1:12 am
 Very interested in a Kenosha/Racine area support group.  Just had surgery on Wed and need a little local support.  I am open to hosting at my home in Racine. 
Vertical Banded Gastroplasty 3/3/10
High/Day of Surgery/Goal/Current: 244 / 238 / 128 / 130
33 years old, 5'4" Tall      
Plastics by Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey 8/30/2011: Extended TT, BL/BA

susie0725
on 5/4/10 11:41 am - Kenosha, WI
I am also very interested in a Kenosha/Racine area support group.  I had my RNY on March 22, 2010.  I would like local support.
nekedavi
on 5/8/10 12:09 pm
I'm interested!
Most Active