State of WI Standard Plan Insurance

silli-jilli
on 9/21/10 1:26 am - WI
Just wondering if anyone has any advice for me. I am switching to the Standard Plan (am a gov't worker) so I can get the surgery done in 2011. I've done everything for the insurance approval through United Health but they denied it of course. I have been working with Midwest Bariatrics in Neenah. I will be having the Roux en Y. I would like to have the VSG but it doesn't appear there are any surgeons that are covered under the Standard Plan who do that surgery. :(  It sucks that I have to pay $500/month in insurance in order to get the surgery, but I guess it will be worth it.

Any advice would be appreciated! :)
ivorysusie
on 9/25/10 11:52 pm - Kenosha, WI
I had the Roux en Y 2 1/2 years ago through the Standard Plan.  I have lost 150 pounds, am off many medications, feel great.  I swithed back to the HMO the next year.  I had my surgery at Froederdt.

I hope things go as well for you!!
silli-jilli
on 9/27/10 1:31 am - WI
what things did you have to do to get approved? did they approve right away? I have about 200# to lose. I did all the dietician and counseling stuff 2 years ago then chickened out on switching insurances. I've been working on this process for 3 years. I hope they don't make me redo everything all over. I am starting to see my dr. once a month now in hopes they will approve right away. Did you have to do the 8 week orlistat? I don't want to do that. :(
Did you have the open or the laprascopic? I am excited and nervous too!  Thanks for the reply back!!
Tammy G.
on 10/13/10 2:24 am - Cudahy, WI
I had united healthcare but through the state, and went through all the pre op stuff, dr's, nutritionist,psyc,6month diet and was approved 3day's after my 6months were up. I went and had the DS surgery done, Duodenal Switch Love the surgery, Love the long term results people have with this surgery,The long term weightloss and I was in the hospital for 3day's, went home diabetic free!! I am just alittle over 3months out and lost 70lbs, I can eat about anything I want,I just make sure I have all my protien in for the day before I treat, or snack. Yes I have to take vitamins, but I would rather take them then the insulin, and the med's I was taking!! Good luck to you on your approval, what ever u do don't stop fighting to get it, because you are worth it!

TammyG.

Most Active