Any Dr Chua pts here?

janepur
on 10/27/10 6:31 pm
Looking for some support to start the process! I have another month of supervised wt loss and hope to have gastric bypass in Dec.

JULIE
beccabecca66
on 10/28/10 11:26 pm - Houston, TX
Congrats on your surgery date.  I am not with Dr. Chua, but I am having surgery on November 2, 2010.  I have been to dr. Chua's support group.  Its very cool.  Stop on by sometime...my name is becca.

good luck!

janepur
on 10/29/10 12:56 am
I think I am going to try to make the Nov 17? meeting.  I need to find more info about it.  Do you know what the topic is? Where the meeting takes place etc?  What made you decide on Dr Wallace? You should familiar with Dr Chua?

robinfrommilw
on 11/13/10 6:52 am - WI
Hi Julie,

I had my rny done by Dr Chua July 28, 2009 also he did my hernia surgery July 2010 and recently did my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010. He is a great surgeon. The support group is great. I hope to make this one. I have miss the last 2. Which i try not to miss.

Hope to see you there next week.

Robin
Robin from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Distal gastric bypass 7/28/09
6 month supervised diet done lost over 50 lbs pre-surgery
My facebook page is:
www.facebook.com/robinfrommilwaukee  (just put that you are from OH in message to add you to my facebook)     
       View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

August 2010 weight 138 lbs lost of 179.5 lbs but gain again since my gallbladder surgery Oct 2010 range recentlly my weight got up to 166 and I was in freak mode. I am now down to 152.6 hoping to get back to 135 and started generic wellbutrin

gonersmom
on 11/23/10 6:13 pm
Hi Julie,
I'm at about the same place in this journey as you. I just had my last NUT visit last week. Now waiting to hear from Dr. Chua's office about my consult and for the insurance company to approve.

I'd love to think I could get my VSG done before the end of the year (all my deductables for insurance are already paid), but I'm accepting that I probably won't get in until Jan or Feb.

I'm hoping to have the VSG, however I'll see what Dr. Chua suggests for me.

Best wishes!
Anne

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
janepur
on 12/11/10 12:39 pm
I changed my mind...I am going to do the Realize Band!  Tentative surgery date Jan 5!! YIPEEEE!!!

JULIE
gonersmom
on 12/12/10 6:39 am
Congrads on your date!  Can I ask why the change of mind?  You can personal message me if you want. 

Just wondering basically because I've gotten the impression VSG isn't pushed at that clinic, mainly the RNY and Bands.  I really like Dr. Chua, and hope he agrees that the VSG is the right surgery for me.  Did you decide the change or talked into it?  (I don't mean that disrespectfully at all.)  I'll listen to his opinion as he is the professional, but I really want the VSG.

I have my consultation scheduled for 12/27....can't wait!

Keep us posted on how your progress goes!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
janepur
on 12/12/10 11:38 am
No, I was not convinced at all.  I originally thought I'd do the LapBand.  Then changed my mind after reading the RNY forum and decided RNY.  THEN, my husband was diagnosed with Leukemia and we have 2 young children.  I know LapBand is less risky in the surgery room.  Dr Chua agreed that with my age and cir****tances LapBand would be a good fit.  When I asked him which surgery he would want his daughter to have, he said LapBand without skipping a beat.  More conservative surgery and due to the Leukemia, I can't take any risks! :(

gonersmom
on 12/13/10 12:51 am
I am glad to hear again that he is definately a surgeon who looks out for the best of his patients.  I am happy for you to have a chance to get healthier for your children and husband's sake.  I am sorry to hear of your husband's illness, and will pray for you all.  With everything considered, it does seem the Lapband would be a good choice for you.  Take care, and Best wishes, please keep us posted on all things.....Anne

StacieP
on 12/13/10 12:39 am - WI
 Anne, if you are set on the VSG, which I would definitely recommend over the lapband for sure, you might want to consider BIW,  bariatric institute of Wi, also in the Milwaukee area. Their best surgeon, Dr Engstrand is pushing the sleeves for the right patients (and doing lots of them, which is key for safety, success, etc), as he truly believes in them and that they will soon be the gold standard for WLS. 

Julie, I really encourage you to look further into the realize and ask more questions from people who have had it done. Lots and lots of long term complications, safety issues and revisions done from the bands, not to mention the frequent follow up for fills, etc. Visit the VSG board and ask a quick qeustion and you will hear from many bandsters that have had to revise their surgery. I wish you all the best on your journey. I am a mom of three little ones and the sleeve has been incredible journey. Started at 243, now 135 in less than a year with little to no follow up needed and I am confident in the long term success of my surgery due to my great restriction. So wonderful to play on the floor with my kids and have boundless energy and so much more self confidence to take them out and about. Take care!
Most Active