Discouraged

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/11 4:44 am - Rosholt, WI
My surgery was December 2 2010. Since the pre-surgery diet to the present, I have lost 30lbs, but as I see pics and read about how much weight people have lost, I get discouraged. I still have about 100lbs to lose and am worried that I am not losing it fast enough in the beginning. Seems like so many drop so much so quickly at the start.  Is there something I am not doing right or what?  Also, the scale has not moved in 2 weeks.  Any suggestions?
Nic M
on 1/10/11 6:24 am
You're doing great. You've lost 30 pounds in a month! That's terrific! I think you're right on track, personally! 

I, on the other hand, have gained the 30 that you've lost... and then some.   (My WLS was a complete failure-- lapband-- noooo good!)

Expect stalls here and there as your body adjusts, but I'm gonna tell you, I think you're doing fabulously.

Nicci

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Bre2bys
on 1/10/11 7:08 am, edited 1/10/11 7:09 am - Milwaukee, WI
Hi Ms.Doreen,  My surgery was July 2010, first thing I had to learn was to stay off that scale. I also lost slow or so I was thinking. You may not see the weight lost were others around you can. Don't worry you are dong great no two people lose at the same rate .           30lbs 

oneshotrn
on 1/24/11 7:40 am, edited 1/24/11 7:40 am - WI
Hi Doreen,
The same exact thing happened to me last week. I was losing little by little, then the weight loss completely stopped!!! I was really concerned, then - all of a sudden, the weight started to inch off gain!!! I am 5 weeks post-op and have lost 33lbs...
Hang in there, this really does work and u r doing great!!
Debi
Debi    
Most Active