Hi! I am new here! Midwest bariatrics..

VickiLynn02
on 6/4/11 4:05 am
Hello! I have read alot of posts on here, and love the information!! First, I am hoping to have the Roux en Y procedure..I have Badgercare-United Healthcare and have already done the seminar at Midwest Bariatrics, and had my Psych Eval this week...I have my dietician first appt the 16th of this month. I have a BMI of 42, no co-morbidites. Is anyone out there doing the 6 month supervised diet and have the same insurance? I am afraid of doing all this, and not being approved...I heard it is quite hard to get approved..and I feel these 6 months may be the longest months of my life!! :) hopefully not...if anyone has any information or advice at all i would love to hear it!! Thank you!
labellavita1982
on 6/4/11 10:19 am - Neenah, WI
Hi Vicki,

I recently had  Roux en Y on the 17th of last month. I had to do all what you did. I have Badgercare,but my HMO is Network Health. If you do get denied, Appeal it. I got denied at first. I appealed it. Within 2 weeks, I got my approval letter from insurance. It is a long process,but it's so worth it. I'm almost 3 weeks out and I've lost 29 pounds already.
VickiLynn02
on 6/5/11 11:05 am
oh my gosh...29 lbs already! that is awesome!!! ok, thank you so much! i will appeal, if i get denied. i am so anxious to get these 6 months done!! did they go by fast for you? And how are you feeling after surgery? I am hoping I can go back to work after just a week of being off..Thanks Again!!
Lois S.
on 6/10/11 10:44 pm - Neenah, WI
 First of all, congratulations for taking the steps to a healthier life! As for no co-morbidities, I thought I had none either, until my doctor started naming some off. I found I snored sometimes, had swollen ankles, stiff and sore joints, sore feet, loss of breath when walking,family hisory of cancer, diabetes, etc.  There are a whole pile of them that I didn't consider "co-morbidities". I was so used to them being a fact of life.  For insurance and stuff, when you know that your doctor has submitted your pre-authorization to them, call the insurance every day (I even called twice a day sometimes!) and ask if a decision has been made yet.  Insurance companies have to keep track of inquiries, and by you pestering them, it sometimes gives the impression of how desperate you are for this surgery. If you're denied, keep at it!  Don't get discouraged and keep plugging on to get it approved!  Good luck!
VickiLynn02
on 6/14/11 9:08 am
Thank you for your reply! Yeah, I was hoping stuff like that would count. But, I talked to the scheduler RN at midwest bariatrics and she said it will be harder to get approved because i don't have any co-morbidities. I will go to my primary care dr. and discuss the shortness of breath, and my feet hurting soooo bad lately, swollen ankles... (i stand all day at work). And I definitely will call everyday once everything goes in!!! Thanks for the advice!
Godgaveus2
on 6/18/11 6:44 am - WI
Hi, I am also going through MBS and I also have United Health Care Medicaid.  This is my first time on this site and really looking for a friend to help me get throught this.  I was denied my first go around and yesterday my appeal was sent in to insurance.  I pray daily that I will get approved, but if I don't I will keep fighiting. As far as the 6 mth dietician follow ups, it's not bad and it goes fast, just be sure you are sticking to the diet.  So far, everyone up at MBS has been wonderful and I am happy I chose them.  Another thing about the dietician follow ups, don't miss any or you have to start at month 1 again.  I went to my seminar back in August and I can almost see the light on getting healthier and happier.  Anyway, if you would ever like to get together, we must live in the same area.  I live in Menasha and don't really know a lot of people in the same boat as I am.  Take care.
VickiLynn02
on 6/18/11 11:44 am
Wow, yes it is nice to hear someone going through the same thing...Yes, I am very anxious about the insurance process. Please let me know how it goes!!!! yeah, just message me with anything you want to chat about too :) And did you lose alot of weight on the 6 month diet? Hope to hear from you soon! and good luck!!!!
Most Active