new to the group

mion28
on 9/26/11 1:46 am - WI
 hello everyone out there my name is Mi'on u say it like my own. i am 28 years young and i am about to under go weight loss surgery. i picked the RNY because i really dnt want anything in my body that it will rejected. i live in milwaukee,wi and iam have my surgery at aurora sinai. dr thomas cheu is my doctor. i have 3 to 6 weeks to wait for my surgery. and yes guys i am on pins and needles waiting. i went from being scared to just plain nervous. i came to this site for some extra support from ppl that knws what i'm going through and iam also offering my support to others
gonersmom
on 9/27/11 1:41 am
Welcome to the group!
I must say that you have picked a phenominal doctor. I absolutely love Dr. Chua!

I too didn't want to have something my body rejected (I have had issues with that in the past) so I chose the VSG. I didn't like the issues that could be involved from the RNY. (intestinal issues)

I am not trying to persuade you to change your mind. Just want to ask if you have considered the VSG. The VSG forum here on OH is very friendly, and very informative.

The decision to have WLS and the decision of what type of WLS is a very personal, life changing decision. I commend you on taking the first step. YAY YOU!! GO GIRL!!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
mion28
on 9/27/11 2:41 am - WI
 yes i thought about everything at first i was going to get the lap band like i stated but thought other wise i just trying to get the best thing for me and i belive that it wld be th RNY i did alot of studying on this surgery and i dnt think i can change my mind at such short notice. and by short notice i wld not have enough time to get comfortable with the surgery before it is time for me to get it done. i have a hard time with getting things that i dnt knw about, but hey im nit going to say that im not going to look into it im saying i'm sicking with the RNY and going to look about the VSG
gonersmom
on 9/27/11 3:28 am
Good for you. Educating yourself in all the surgeries is the only way to go.

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
lisamm_77
on 10/3/11 3:03 am - WI
Hi Mi'on, I'm Lisa. I just had the RNY on Sept. 21, in Milwaukee at Columbia St. Mary's.  I totally understand where your coming from, this is a super scary decision to make! If there is anything I can do to help you out along the way, let me know! I'm 34, so roughly the same age brackett. I really would like to network with some people who live in the area and wish you lots of luck and support along the way!
Lisa
mion28
on 10/3/11 7:37 am - WI
 Hello lisa i am so pround of you that you had your surgery.. me I'm in the waiting period and it is driving me crazy i just want this insurance company to say yes or no already, but you know i want them to say YES LMAO. i have friends but none that is going through that we are going through so it be great like i stated before to be friends with you. now i wanted to now i wanted to know everthing from you cause im nosey like that 

Most Active