How are your workouts changing with the season?

gonersmom
on 10/11/11 3:07 am
Just wondering how everyone is keeping up with their workouts, and do they change up a bit with the seasons?

Summer was good...biking, walking, hiking, canoeing.  Lots of outdoors fun.  Now the leaves are blowing and winter will soon be here.    That of course if my personal view of winter....PUKE!

I've been spending more time raking leaves, and picking up the junk that manages to find itself strewn around our mini-farm over the course of the summer.  Burning piles of branches from the numerous storms, etc.  It's a good workout, but I'm feeling guilty about not hitting the fitness equipment like I think I should.  Anyone else going through this?

Winter is coming here to middle of nowhere WI that I live in.  No malls to walk, so I'm looking at the stack of DVD's to workout to. Thinking it's time the WII comes out of the corner of the l.r. too.

What are you all doing to keep active?

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Tri_harder
on 10/11/11 4:27 am
gonersmom
on 10/12/11 12:43 am
Thanks! I used to love Sweating to the Oldies! I'll have to see if I can upgrade to the DVD version! Remember Susan Powter? I used to love her original 'Moving' tape that came with the Stop the Insanity program. Unfortunately her new stuff isn't as good and you can't get the original any longer.

I'm hoping to get some cross-country skiing in this winter, and sledding, but I highly doubt there will be any down hill skiing for me! Couldn't do it when I was young and thin, there's no way I'm trying it at this age! LOL

That must have been great to work with Richard. What an opportunity! What is 1/6 of a triathalon? How do I start? I'd love to be able to do something more 'involved' next summer like some of the 5K's, and who knows what else I can find. I'd love to do a high ropes course. I think that would be a hoot!

Have a great day!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Tri_harder
on 10/13/11 7:30 am
gonersmom
on 10/15/11 12:26 am
That sounds like such fun.  I will keep it in mind if I ever get to CA again!

Where was the Danskin triathalon?  I'm trying to find things to get involved in around WI for the next year.  Have to plan these things out due to work schedules, etc.  If you know of anything, could you let me know?? 

We have a great Reach for the Peak 5K here today which I would have loved to get into, but schedules just got in the way.  That and a sinus infection that has left me with migraines for the most of 3 weeks.  Today is the first day I'm feeling almost normal, and just couldn't get motivated to move that early.  I know, excuses, excuses!  LOL

Where in WI are you?  I assume the Milw area due to your surgeon, but I'm 2.5 hours from my surgeon in Milw, so I know that people do travel for a good one.  I'm originally from Milw. and get there fairly often.  We live in Mid Central Wi, near Wautoma.  

Well...coffee hour is over....time to get something done around here while watching the NCIS marathon!  Dogs are rambunctous, so I know that walking is definately on the to do list today too.
Have a great day.

Most Active