Info for newbie

eeyoremom2
on 1/15/12 8:54 am - WI
RNY on 06/01/12
Hello everyone from Wisconsin. I am trying to get informtion and learn more about options and what to expect both from the bariatric teams/doctors, the surgery itself and afterwards. I just started the process with UW Health Bariatric Clinic in Madison WI. I just sent back the paperwork and am waiting on a response from them, wondering if anyone has any experience with UW health and how long the process is before a date for surgery is set.  Is there anything you can do to make the process go more smoothly?
gonersmom
on 1/17/12 2:28 am
Congrats on making this decision to improve your health.  It's an awesome journey, definately a marathon not a spring.  Welcome to this forum.  It's a pretty quiet one, you may find more input from the other various forums.  But stick around here too....it's a great place to find people from your own state!

Educating yourself by reading as much information about all the different types of surgeries available is probably the best thing you can do.  Here on OH they have different forums for all types, and so much information available.  It's a great site.

As far as insurance companies go, you can call your provider and ask them specifically what things they are looking for to make for a successful approval.

Do you know which type of surgery you are interested in?  If you have questions feel free to message me and I will try to help you with whatever information I can.

Best wishes.

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
kahlana
on 1/24/12 9:53 pm - Sitka, AK
VSG on 01/26/12
Congrats on making this momentous decision. i can only echo what gonersmom said and that is to read everything you can find about the surgeries. It's really important to do your homework at this stage and know what you would be facing with all the surgeries. Good luck and if you want to talk I am here too.
Tri_harder
on 1/26/12 3:43 am, edited 1/27/12 2:39 am
MOMW
on 2/27/12 2:06 am - Janesville, WI
VSG on 05/30/12
Hello and congrats on your decision.  I had my lapband done at UW Health.  The Bariatric team is wonderful, and they do a great job at making sure you are prepared before during and after surgery.  The length of time until your surgery will vary based on your insurance company, not by the Clinic.  Once I was approved by my insurance company, they could have done my surgery within two weeks.
Most Active