WLS friendly doctors in Milwaukee?

Carol S.
on 3/10/12 10:41 pm - Milwaukee, WI
 I'm quite a few years out with no problems with my WLS but I'm on the hunt for a GP or a family doc who actually knows about WLS.  We are transferring from Coos Bay, Oregon at the end of June/beginnig of July.  I'm sure they will try and assign me to someone but when they did that here I spent most of my appointments explaining WLS to my doctor.  I don't want to do that again!  It took me 2 years to find a doctor (and file paperwork etc.) who knew that it was OK that I needed labs, and that the perscription Vit. D doesn't work.  LOL

I don't need a WLS surgeon as far as I can tell.  I'm happy, healthy and basically at goal weight.  I run 30 35 miles a week and just need someone to see me for general stuff, ie a flu shot every year and my labs.
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

gonersmom
on 3/18/12 12:44 am
Hi Carol,
If I were in your situation, I would probably find a WLS surgeon and then use them as a reference for a good GP. My surgeon is awesome...Dr. Thomas Chua in Milwaukee.

I live 2.5+ hours from Milwaukee, and this winter when I was needing some bladder resuspension done I wasn't sure I wanted to use the doctors from around where I live. I made an appt with Dr. Chua and discussed who he would suggest I go with. Unfortunately my insurance didn't cover the docs he suggested, but they did cover my appt with Dr. Chua as a follow up.

I hope your relocation goes well. I enjoy Milwaukee, having lived there until I was 30. Now 20 years later, I really miss it and wish we'd move back or at least closer again!

Best wishes!

Let me help you with bariatric friendly cooking.  www.pamperedchef.biz/gawnecooking
Tri_harder
on 3/18/12 12:02 pm
Carol S.
on 4/11/12 6:55 am - Milwaukee, WI
 Thank you Tri_harder.  I'll go search through the Tricare list of physicians and see what they have to say.  I'm not at all against going outside of plan though to get a good doctor.  My current physician is actually an NP who practices at a low cost clinic and is the best I've come across so far.  They are happy to bill my insurance too!  LOL  

We love Eugene and I have run a 5K there and hope to get one more in before we leave here!
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

BROOKE H.
on 7/30/12 3:32 am - WI
My sister is getting her Masters in Eugene right now! I used Dr Regan at Columbia St Mary's in Milwaukee and I have absolutely NO complaints about him or his team. Look him up, you will see all positive reviews!

Surgery Date: January 16, 2012
Highest weight: 367 Surgery weight: 360  Current weight:248
Total lost = 119

Carol S.
on 8/22/12 2:28 pm - Milwaukee, WI
 Well the Dr. that the insurance assigned to me knew exactly what blood tests to request.  I was aprehensive but I wanted to give her the chance and she was so on top of it.  She got me in for a lung function test (different issue) and a referral to a general surgeon for an incisional hernia.  I'm so glad I trusted that I would get taken care of.  I can always change PCP's when necessary but am so grateful that I got one who seems to know what the deal is.
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Most Active