Pannniculectomy tomarrow

Debra Welker
on 4/30/12 6:30 am - Kaukauna, WI
Tomarrow is my big day , surgery at 9am with Dr Georgen at Theda Ckark, im getting really nervous, hope I can sleep tonight.. I have wanted this TT for so long and now that its almost here, im like OH NO. I will update in a few days, Debra
Thumbelina
on 4/30/12 1:27 pm - MI
You're in good hands! At a great hospital! Sending prays your way! 
Debra Welker
on 5/4/12 1:35 am - Kaukauna, WI
Hi well im home, it went well except had to stay an extra night because my blood count was low so had to get blood transfusions. You were right it is a very painful surgery and am glad the worst is over. I feel pretty good today, slept in my own bed last night, propped up of course and my husband got me a cane to get myself up and down.  Today he got me all washed up and dressings changed. Was really surprised at all the staples, looks like a train tracks. Thanks for all you comforting words and hope to hear from you soon. Deb
Thumbelina
on 5/4/12 1:16 pm - MI
 I'm glad to hear you are doing well! I was thinking about you! I had a lot staples too.From hip to hip and all the way up. They take the staples out in two appts. Did he tighten your abs too? Your a lucky girl to have such a caring husband! I remember when I came Home I just sat on the couch and cried. My husband went right out and bought a recliner!

Nancy
Debra Welker
on 5/5/12 12:20 am - Kaukauna, WI
I have a recliner but find it hard to get out of and having to pull that handle up on the side is hard. Yes he tightened my ab muscles, that was where most of the pain was when I woke up in recovery. How long did you stay in the hospital? I had to stay 2 nights because my blood count was low and had to have transfusions. I sleep alot and can only be up for short periods of time. Betsy said he took 4.5 pounds of skin and fat, Im pretty swollen and have fluid build up, my scale shows me up a few pounds but am sure that will change. Keep in touch OK ,its nice to hear from someone thats been there. Deb
Thumbelina
on 5/5/12 5:24 am - MI
 I only stayed over night.. My blood count was ok..I had two and half pds of skin removed.. I also lost 14 pds after my TT.. I was just very nauseous for a very long time..After three weeks I was back up and walking three miles a day..Now I'm up to six miles a day and I lift weights Mon,Wed,Fri.. Everyone at Dr.Georgens office is just so nice! Dr Georgen told  me I would be able to bounce a quarter off my tummy! My tummy is flat and tight! And my pants fit like a glove! I'm glad your surgery went well!
Debra Welker
on 5/5/12 8:12 am - Kaukauna, WI
He said the quarter thing about mine also, to funny. My weight is up right now but I think its the fluids and swelling. I had to call in today because I have so much gas in my stomach and cant get it out just keeps girggling, very uncomfortable. He said it was from the anethesia, but I shouldnt force it, maybe take a light laxative, also my inner thighs are black and blue. I think I over did it yesterday because I felt good so walked and went grocery shopping, today Im paying for it, slept all afternoon. Oh and I itch everywhere, my face, eyelids, my nose feels like its full of fuzzys, he said that also is from the anethesia. I see him on wednesday and will hopefully get at least one drain out. I tried looking at your profile but cant get into it, and would email you if you give me your address, its nice to talk to you, someone thats been there with the same doctor. Thanks for all your support, Deb
Thumbelina
on 5/5/12 11:03 am - MI
I itched so bad after my tummy tuck.. It was awful.. Everywhere..My legs,face,tummy,just everywhere.. I only had one black and blue mark.. In a very odd place..lol..Right on top of my pvt..Lol..When I saw it I was like how the heck did that get there..I didn't have any gas pain..Just pain from the TT.. That was the worst pain I have ever felt..I have had 2 C sections,the RNY and hernia surgery and the TT was the worst! I didn't cry ,I bawled.. My email address is [email protected].
Debra Welker
on 5/6/12 2:32 am - Kaukauna, WI
everytime I eat I get the giggling in my stomach. Its raining hard here all day today so a good day to sleep, how long did your drains keep filling? mine seems to have really slowed down on one side, how long did you have them in? they a troublesom. Deb
Thumbelina
on 5/6/12 9:30 am - MI
 I think I had the drains in for a week ..They are a pain! The only problems I had were ..My back hurt really bad for like over a month I couldn't stand up straight so that's why my back hurt and I couldn't hardly eat anything.. When people like us have TT the swelling pushes up against our pouch making it very difficult to get food in.. This is what Besty told me and reassured me several times that Dr Georgen did not do anything to my pouch..Because I really thought he did.. I was probably only getting in 400 to 600 calories a day if that for over a month..I had to force myself  to eat and eat all day long..per Besty.. It passed eventually .. I still get the funny sound in my tummy ever since the RNY.
Most Active