Big guy looking for some info.

Ramrod1984
on 12/2/12 10:34 pm

Hey everyone. First post here and I'm hoping to get some more information on a few things and any help that you can give me on the subject would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm 28 years old and I am looking to turn my life around by having a bariatric surgery. Both of my parents have had "sleeve" surgeries done and I have witnessed first hand the increase in the quality of life in both of them. I live in Green Bay, WI and right now my biggest obstacle is finding an employer who's insurance covers Bariatric surgeries. Right now I am working as a temp and I have over 5 years of office work experience in the insurance and transportation fields. So if anyone knows of any employers that offer insurance that covers these surgeries in my area please let me know.

Nic M
on 12/3/12 12:48 pm

I believe Starbucks offers coverage. I will have to search for the list of the other companies... I know there are a number of them.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

Ramrod1984
on 12/4/12 10:50 pm

Thanks for the info! I had no idea that starbucks even offered insurance like that to their employees. Kinda shocked to be honest. If you know of any others or a place that I can go to do some research on my own let me know too!

MOMW
on 12/18/12 8:27 am - Janesville, WI
VSG on 05/30/12

I have Aetna and they covered both of my surgeries.  I think you may be amazed that most cover it.  Get a hold of your local bariatric center and ask them.  They have a wealth of knowledge and you never know.  Good luck!!

MomWinke, Janesville WI
lap band 1/28/11, band removal 3/7/12, vsg 5/30/12
Joyceebaby
on 1/8/13 3:39 am
RNY on 11/29/12

Hello from Two Rivers!  The others are correct, most insurances do cover weight loss surgery.  You will most likely pay co-days and deductibles.  For me, I had $4000 out of pocket to have my band removed, then my RNY.  I highly recommend Doctor Kemmerling at NEW Surgical Associates.  Best wishes to you!

Nic M
on 1/8/13 1:39 pm

I believe he's asking for employers who offer bariatrics  as part of their insurance plan for employees.

Nic M
on 1/14/13 11:49 pm

Here's a link to some of the best ranked employers in WI. Some may very well cover bariatric surgery and others may not. It's worth taking a look at some of them, though.

http://ptmoney.com/the-ten-best-part-time-jobs-with-benefits /

Most Active