Guess I am first to post ...

sochilly
on 5/8/03 9:30 am - Oshkosh, WI
Guess I am first to post in the WI message board. Don't even know what all to say .... haha!! I am still playing the waiting game because I have to switch insurance companies but cannot do that til the new year. I guess I could ask for some WI folks to let me know what part of the state they are from. I am in Oshkosh.
vorth
on 5/8/03 1:52 pm - Mineral Point, WI
I am from Mineral Point and I also am waiting for the insurance company. They have some of my information, but I am playing the wait for the mail game with a previous doctor to get all the records together so that my surgeon's office can forward everything to the insurance company that they have requested. Even though it has only been 4 weeks since I started this process I feel like it has been years. Waiting is the hardest part. I am hoping to have a revision RNY to my previously done VBG (6 years ago...failed...staple line disruption). Good luck in your journey.
Kristina K.
on 5/9/03 8:23 am - merrill, wi
Hi, Im in merrill, im 26. just had first appt with my doctor last week and she refered me to a surgeon ( matt johnson ) in wausau. They have to get preauthorization for WPS InsurTec to even pay for that appt with the surgeon, I sure hope they dont feel like messing with me cause they sure will have a big fight on there hands, so here i am waiting with ants in my pants kristina
Derbygirl
on 5/9/03 3:50 pm - Madison, WI
I am from Madison. I have already applied for approval from Cigna PPO insurance. They have approved me. I have finished all my appts including my psych. Currently waiting for my surgery date, which they say will hopefully be in the beginning of June. They pushed to get me into my psych appt as they want to schedule me soon for surgery. Good luck to all awaiting approvals. Keep on the insurance companies. They sometimes play hard, but you have to be the tougher of the two...Deb S
Beaumom
on 5/13/03 2:41 pm - Green Bay, WI
Hi, I'm waiting for surgery. No waiting for insurance...they don't cover it....period! No alternative insurance as I work for the insurance company. Various level of plans but since we are self insured, they have an iron clad exclusion. I did contact DVR and they are helping with about 1/2 the cost of paying for the surgery. At my size, it won't be long before I won't be able to work. This will be far cheaper for them than me being on disability. Had I been able to swing it all myself, I would have. It's been a very humbling year going to a new doctor, revealing very private and personal information not only to medical personnel but to the company where I work in hopes of getting surgery covered. Then going to DVR, I felt like I was "begging" for help and inadequate. I'm a very stubborn, proud person. I'm sure that's what has kept me able to continue working at my size...but it makes it hard to ask for help as well. Everyone has been wonderful. My surgery is scheduled for July 3rd at Theda Clark with Dr.'s Georgen & Wasco (No one wanted the day before the holiday weekend). Being a nurse, I've researched several different programs and am very impressed with theirs. They have been very easy to work with. I'm anxious to see how I react being the "patient" vs. the one giving the care. I've never been a patient before so that will be a treat. Memories of the patient's I've prodded to get up and move, cough and deep breathe, etc. are coming back to haunt me. Time for a dose of my own medicine! It still seems like a dream. At least it's a dream and not a nightmare!
Debby L.
on 5/14/03 12:21 pm - SouthCentral, WI
Hi everyone. It is nice to have a Wisconsin board! I live near Madison and I am 8 weeks post op now. I had the BPD/DS not the really common RNY. I had my surgery done in Bowling Green, Ohio with Dr. Richard Oakley & Dr. Donald Hess. If anyone has any questions dont hesitate to ask. I love this website, it has given me the courage to get the surgery as well as inspiration. Debby -48.5 pounds
Laura H.
on 5/18/03 12:11 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Hi there- I am a single Mom of two adopted girls and we live in Milwaukee. I am very new to this site and am overwhelmed with all the information! I do have a question - my Surgeon is gathering all the test information (phys eval, sleep study, ultrasound) before filing to insurance. Is this how it usually works? It seems that when I read other postings, some people are already approved and now doing the testing part. How does that work? I am really anxious to file to insurance since I fear they will turn me down and would like to know that the approval part is behind me before going too far. Right now I am scheduled for the balance of my testing this week and then I imagine all is gathered and sent to the insurance. Just wondering! Laura in Milwaukee
Most Active