Have a date!

Amy D.
on 5/13/03 9:29 am - Fond du Lac, WI
Hey everyone! I'm from Fond du Lac......home of beer, cheese and cow-tipping. Oh wait....that's all of Wisconsin, just not Fond du Lac. ANYwho, I have a date!!! May 27th....and it's comin' slow AND fast. Slow because I'm excited to start my life and fast because I'm nervous, excited, stressed......so many feelings flood thru you as you think about it. As you think about everything that's going to happen to you in the following days after surgery.....after the following months....the following years. It's amazing......and this surgery is a miracle. I sit here crying as I type this because this IS a miracle.....I never thought, for once in my life, I'm going to be skinny. I'm going to be attractive....I'm going to be wanted.
cj71
on 5/13/03 10:14 am - Kenosha, WI
Congrats Amy! I'll be praying for you to have an uneventful surgery and quick recovery. Although the weight will seem to fall off in the beginning, always remember that your pouch is just a tool. We all need to break the chains that bind us to our food. You can fool the pouch. You can gain the weight back. Yes, the surgery is a miracle. Yes, I'm still anxiously waiting to get a date myself. Make sure you're mentally as well as physically prepared for May 27th... it's the first day of the rest of your life! Chris in La Crosse
TraK41
on 5/13/03 2:27 pm - Waukesha, WI
Amy, I am so very happy for you! You are right, May 27th is right around the corner! I wish you the very best success with your journey. Are you coming to the support group meetings here in Milwaukee? Who is doing your surgery? Also, I hope those tears are happy ones! I think we all have a variety of emotions throughout this journey. Something tells me that you already are a beautiful person, remembering that our attractiveness comes from our inner beauty as well as our outer beauty. Best of luck to you and I wish you all the success in the world! God bless!
Jodi A.
on 5/18/03 11:49 am - Fond du Lac, WI
Hello Amy! Best of luck to you next week! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Where are you having the surgery done? I had mine done 10 weeks ago with Dr. Nakeeb at Froedtert. If you have any questions or just want to chat about anything please let me know since I am also from Fond du Lac! The time will whiz by, especially the last week!
Most Active