Insurance delays

vorth
on 6/3/03 4:22 pm - Mineral Point, WI
Can anyone give me any tips on getting the insurance company to move faster? I have everything submitted and I call almost every day for an update. Of course, I get a different person each day. The most recent story I have is that my file has now gone to a "second" medical review board which consists of doctors instead of nurses. This review board is now waiting for my surgeon to send them the proceudre code they are going to do. The insurance company claims that they have 2 numbers in my file and that they need to know which one it is they want to perform. I am frustrated that they have 2 numbers. I know which information was sent and I am positive that the surgeons office has sent all the information and with only 1 code. Regardless, I now have to wait for them to send off some more info. Has anyone ever run into this before? My insurance is Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. It has been almost a month now that they have had my files. We have sent the surgeons request for surgery, notes from my primary doctor, notes from a previous WLS surgery that has failed, a report from my upper GI, a dietician report and a personal letter from me. WHAT ELSE CAN THEY NEED? This should be a cut and dry matter. Oh well, thanks for letting me vent. Any inside info would be appreciated. Best wishes to all.
Most Active