Dr. Huepenbecker, Madison

Janis S.
on 6/16/03 12:09 am - Madison, WI
This is for anyone out there who has had Dr. Huepenbecker in Madison do a laproscopic surgery on them...I'm wondering if he requires a nasogastric (??) tube coming out of the nose. Also wondering how many drains he inserts coming out of the stomach. Any information you could give me on his surgery procedures would be helpful. I'm deciding on him and another physician (Dr. Rebchok) in Platteville prior to having my physician obtain insurance approval.
vorth
on 6/16/03 2:21 am - Mineral Point, WI
I don't know much about Dr. Huepenbecker, but I have Dr. Rebchook and he is a very good doctor. I have heard that he is very particular and does a very good job. I have been to support group meetings in Platteville with Dr. Rebchook's patients and they all have had the tube from what I have heard. I am waiting for insurance approval for the revision to the VBG in 1997. Good luck in your decision and process of getting approved.
Derbygirl
on 6/20/03 8:49 am - Madison, WI
I had open surgery this last week with Hup. He takes the tube out while in sugery so you don't know you had it in. Also there is usually one drain tube in the belly and foley (which works as cathater). I had surgery this last Monday and they ended up doing opne. I just came home today. He has been very informational to me, also his nurse is great and available anytime after surgery. They have been great so far. Looking for more excitement in the next few months. If you have any other questions please feel free to email me firectly. Also if your not sure if they are going to cover it or not. Mine was only if it was medically necessary. And he got it approved after the first try. Alot of the approval process depends on how they write the letter. He is a very thorough doctor. Keep in touch through your process..Deb
Most Active