1 WEEK OF RECOVERY

Derbygirl
on 6/22/03 1:26 am - Madison, WI
We'll its been one week of recovery, and I still feel like crap. I had open instead of Lap. My back is hurting like crazy. Any suggestions. The pain meds are almost gone, and I just got them on Friday with no refills, thats when they let me out of the hospital. Not sure how long I will be off for recovery from work yet. I go back to the doctor this week for a check-up, and I guess they will tell me then. Eveyone has been right about right after the surgery wondering why you did it, but I am be optomistic about it at this point yet. Talk to everyone soon...Deb
vorth
on 6/22/03 9:06 am - Mineral Point, WI
Glad to hear you are home. Hope your back pains go away soon. Try sleeping in a recliner. That is what I did after my open VBG. Took me about a week or so to get the back aches to go away. Why did you end up having the Open? Continued success now that you are on the loosing side. Looking forward to joing that side soon.
TraK41
on 6/22/03 4:40 pm - Waukesha, WI
Hi Deb! It was so good to hear from you! Sorry to hear you had to have the Open surgery instead of Lap! I also had an Open surgery on June 2, 2003. The recovery is so much harder and longer than I ever expected. You can try a heating pad on your back, that might help the discomfort you feel. Also change positions frequently may help. Call your doctor for a refill on your pain meds - they should be able to give it to you. Please know that I am thinking about you and praying for a speedy recovery. Soon we both will have our energy levels back and be on the road to success. I wish you the very best with your journey! Please keep in touch if you would ever like to talk. I know the more support the better especially when dealing with the unexpected. My email is [email protected]. Take care, Traci
Janis S.
on 6/25/03 1:12 am - Madison, WI
Deb, I hope you start feeling better soon. Call Dr. Huepenbecker for some more pain medication. Why did you end up having open instead of lap? Keep your chin up, and imagine what life will be like in six months...lots of weight loss, lots of extra energy, and lots and lots of compliments!! Know that plenty of people out here are supporting you, and are here to listen. Janis
Virginia R.
on 7/8/03 6:05 am
Hi I am one of the people who went to Mexico - you know I am amazed how many people who have surgery in the states feel awful after surgery - I went to a doctor who does open and his patients are all for the most part dancing on the fifth day Virginia Rose
Most Active