Medicaid questions

Laura K.
on 6/26/03 1:46 pm - Madison, WI
Hello! Do you have to be under a certain income level in order to be approved for Medicaid? I have Physician's Plus right now, and it is my understanding that they absolutely never approve this surgery. I would love to get Medicaid as a second insurer to help with some of the costs. Any help would be really appreciated!!! Thanks!!! : )
Tina H.
on 6/28/03 3:39 am - Chicago, IL
It is my understanding that as long as you have health insurance available to you (regardless of cost), you would not be eligible for Medicaid. I tried to go that route also since my husbands ins won't cover WLS and this is what I was told.
shanni39
on 7/1/03 12:42 pm - milwaukee, WI
if your income is low enough you may be able to get medicaid for insurance. It helps if you have children also. I went down there to get insurance for my children because my insurance was too high. they take into account if you can afford your employer insurance with premiums and copays. I really wasn't going down there for me but I was approved for badgercare.
sandy M.
on 7/7/03 2:45 am - St. Nazianz, WI
I had regular health insurance, however being a single mom with three kids, I just couldn't afford it anymore. I went to social services and was told I had to be without any insurance for 3 months and then we would all be put on Badgercare, which covers the wls completely. I pay a premium, just alot less than before, and if my income dips below a certain amount, the premium is waived. Hope this helps you. Hugs, Sandy
Most Active