2 Weeks Away- Getting Nervious

Bobbi -Jo F.
on 7/8/03 4:36 pm - Tigerton, wi
Hi All, I'm scheduled for July 24, and I'm getting nervious. I know this is common. I'm one of those people that plan everything down to the final detail. I have everything I need bought for my post surgery, I have the support network, I have all my i dotted and my t crossed with my employer and insurance company, and I've done all the research. I guess it the question of the unknown factor of life after the surgery, that scares me. I have never been of a normal size, even after I won't being female at 6'1 3/4. I have always been heavy, even at birth. So basically I just need someone to tell me everythings going to be ok, when all been said and gone.
Dawn R.
on 7/8/03 10:33 pm - Whitewater, Wi
Well I am here for you you can email me at anytime I nevious to but I think you will do great. I have a friend that just had it done she is 6'2" and she has losted 57 pounds already in 5 week.I sure you will do great and be very suprised with the out come of things.Just enjoy life and food until the date here you having open of lap. I am having open the 6th of Aug well prays and hugs to you here if you need me Dawn
vorth
on 7/8/03 10:52 pm - Mineral Point, WI
Bobbie: I know exactly how you feel. I also have to have every detail down to every I being dotted etc. From my experience with my first surgery (VBG-1997) I can tell you that everything will be ok. I was nervous about the afterlife, but things did seem to fall into place. Even though my VBG failed, obviously I believe in the surgeries because I am having my revision done to the RNY on August 13. I regret not making the choice to the RNY the first time, but back then there was not much information available I could do research on. The hardest part is relearning how to eat and finding out what you can and can't have. I was never hungry (at least not until my staples started to leak and the food left as fast as it went in) and I did loose some weight. You will find that you will adjust well and just make things work for you when it comes to meals. I still cook for my family, I just use a smaller plate and find that I can make the meal, sit and eat with them and have more time to talk since I did not eat as much. Nerviousness is normal. Good luck to you. Feel free to email me if you every wish to talk or have any questions. God Bless.
Stacey K.
on 7/11/03 11:18 am - Wausau, Wi
OH' COME ON!!! You will be just fine!!! What am I talking about, I will be nervous too!! I am already scared to death and I have less than 2 months left. Just so you know I will be praying for you!!! Take Care and let me know how it goes. GOOOOOD LUCK AND TAKE CARE!!!! Stacey
Most Active