About Insurance

paige
on 7/11/03 2:50 am - WI
Just wondering how you beat the insurance companys. WEA insurance had a grant study for 5000 copay. I was interested last year and sent in doctor records and lab work. I had to put on hold and rechecked with the study in January. They sent me an email that everythig was still ago. Sent me the doctors I needed to see in Madison .Got my date. Then the hospital called and told me it was self pay. Found out the study ended in Jan. That wasnt what I was told from the study. I didnot get my consent form or the 5000 sent in. I thought it would be taken care of before I entered the hospital.Now WEA is having another meeting to see if they will continue another study. I cant afford $18000. That is the rate WEA can get me the discount rate.I dont know if it really is a study. Does anyone have WEA.?
Patricia G.
on 7/14/03 11:14 am - Racine, WI
Hi, Yes, I have the dreaded WEA as well but I don't think they will be changing their policy (complete exclusion of any weight related surgery or treatment) anytime soon. I know that they are meeting July 18 re: the possible new study but I'm not expecting any miracles. I would not have gone into the previous study because I do not want an open procedure - the laparoscopic is much safer, less complications and less recovery time. Check out clos.net re: details of the lap procedure. I really hate it that I have an insurance company from the dark ages and I have written a grievance letter to them as have 2 of my doctors. I have been working nearly 30 years of my life and find that if I were on Badger Care or Medicaid, surgery would have been approved without question. Pat
Most Active