Just shy of 4 weeks out

vorth
on 9/7/03 7:46 am - Mineral Point, WI
Hello everyone. I agree that we should spice up this board. I think we all have alot to share whether we are post or pre op. Please post how you are doing and your status so we can all learn from each other. I will be 4 weeks out on Wednesday. Hard to believe, seems like just yesterday. Yes, I am still having pain and some doubts, but I am sure once I have all my energy back, there will be no doubt in my mind that I made the right decision. Because I was a revision from the VBG to the RNY, the doctor put a feeding tube in my OLD stomach. After surgery I had to live on ice chips by mouth and ensure/water by feeding tube. This lasted about 10 days. The doctor wanted to be sure we gave the new pouch as much healing time as possible. Then on day 10 I got to start liquids. I was on liquids until this past Friday. (about 11 days) Friday I started the soft/mushy stage. Been eating alot of refried beans with shredded cheese on it, deviled eggs (only 1/2 at a meal so far) and cheese spread with a cracker or two. I will not go to regular food for another 2 weeks yet. I have had alot of drainage problems and fevers since surgery. They have not subsided as of last week. Doctor had me on antibiotics for a week, which I am sure helped. I had alot of draining from the lower drain tube site where the tube was taken out about 2 weeks out and my incision broke open at the bottom and drained for a few days as well. Friday, when the doctor finally took out the feeding tube, I expected drainage but after the initial blood bath it was and still is good. So I am officially tube"LESS" and only need 1 bandaid on the tummy now. I am down 20 #'s as of yesterday and have started to feel better. No more fevers or draining. Energy level is about 75% and I expect that to start to improve to. Walking is the only exercise so far, doctor has said NO to anything that would put a strain on the stomach for 3 months. I am returning to work tomorrow for 4 hours a day. Then in about 2 weeks, I figure I will be back to full time. I have an office job, so I need my brain more than my body. If anyone has any questions, please either post them here or email me. I would love to help in any way possible. Take care & God Bless.
tbgoddess
on 9/9/03 7:17 am - new london, wi
Glad to hear things are doing better! WTG on the 20lbs!!
Most Active