Recent Posts

Kathyjs
on 6/9/17 5:02 pm
Topic: RE: Scared of extra skin

I was more afraid of the fat killing me

Kathyjs
on 5/20/17 6:38 am
Topic: RE: New and have upcoming appointment october 7th for weight managment in lacrosse,wi
  • I didn't have RNY at Lacrosse but had several surgeries there. I had RNY at Mayo and if I had it to do over it would be at Gunderson. The care is AWESOM E. I live 35 miles from LaCrosse :-) small world
Tri_harder
on 10/7/16 12:34 pm, edited 1/2/18 2:53 am
Topic: 10 years post op

I am still struggling 10 years later. I wish I could be a success story like so many other people.

dawnsjourney
on 9/23/16 7:17 pm
Topic: New and have upcoming appointment october 7th for weight managment in lacrosse,wi

I was wondering if anyone else from the area had worked with these 2 before any could give me a little advice on what to ask my first visit.

Physician: Anneliese Bauer, NP in Internal Medicine and the other one is Dietitian: Rebecca Stetzer, RD in the Surgery Clinic.

frances1970
on 7/25/16 5:34 pm
Topic: BC BS Federal Employee Program insurance

Hi-

Going to try for surgery again.  Tried about 10 years ago but lost to insurance.  Fiance has BC BS Federal employee insurance.  Just starting research but appears the preferred MDs are in Illinois and we are in WI.  Don't relish the thought of aftercare appts requiring 3+ hours of travel...  Anyone with experience with this insurance? 

Thanks in advance!

Frances

ajay976
on 6/8/16 11:15 pm, edited 6/8/16 4:20 pm
Topic: RE: Nutritionist coverage?? Badgercare

This is where I am at, Badgercare sent me a packet to pick A HMO. I want one that covers surgery. Did you have to pick a HMO? I do not want to pick one that make me jump through hoops and still denies it.

Penny J.
on 5/10/16 7:44 am - Oshkosh, WI
Topic: RE: What are my chances for approval in Wisconsin (Physicians Plus HMO Badgercare)?

I had Dr. Thomas Chu and he did my surgery at Aurora Sinai in Milwaukee and my insurance approval was easy especially with medical reasons for the surgery. I was told by my insurance company - United Healthcare that they will approve of RNY surgery faster than the Lapband because it is a one-time permanent surgery versus the lapband can be easily reversed. So good luck!!!

Sincerely,

Penny Johnson

Penny J.
on 4/27/16 12:36 pm - Oshkosh, WI
Topic: RE: Appleton Area?

This is the first time I have been on here in a few years. I live in Oshkosh and had my RNY surgery in 2006 and I am so glad I had it done. How are you doing?  Penny

Cath
on 12/9/15 12:13 am

I meant to type the skin tones up better.

Cath
on 12/9/15 12:11 am

Make sure you drink the protein drinks forever.  Also, get moving.  The more you move, the more you lose and the weight tones up better.  The biggest factors are age and genetics.  The younger you are, the better. 

Most Active