Recent Posts

vicki P.
on 4/23/08 3:17 pm - WI
Topic: RE: NEWBIE
Hi Kats, My name is Vicki My surgrery is May 1st and my doctor is Dr Engstrand from Elmbrook Hosp. and Bariatric Center in Brookfield.  I didn't have to do the 6 month diet thing, so things have been going very fast. I'm now into my 7th day of my liquid protein diet before surgury and I feel I could eat a horse or two....lol Hope your the best of luck and I hope your ins don't get you a hard time!!! Vicki
peaceful_rulerz_wife
on 4/23/08 1:05 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Topic: RE: NEWBIE
Hi Kat I thought that the Bariatric seminar was tonight, but it was on Monday-imagine my disappointment.  Now I have to wait until 5/19/08.  Did you have to attend a seminar or did you just call the surgeon that handles your insurance? Talk to ya soon-Thanks again for all the information!

Look back and thank God.
Look forward and trust God.
Look around and serve God.
Look within and find God.

ikagram
on 4/23/08 10:22 am
Topic: Pre-op NSV
Went to the kidney doctor today. Had blood and urine test done Monday. I have been on the pre-op diet for 6 months for insurance purposes Have lost from 353 to 316 In October I went off a medicine that was causing an adverse reaction in my body. My kidneys were only operationing at 24% Today they told me they were operating at over 50% and that I did not have to return to them unless my PCP or WLS doctor needed me to see them. They are very glad I am having the surgery and think I will recover from the kidney disease even more.

Cindy Strickland
Neenah, Wisconsin
Dr. Wasco
Midwest Bariatrics COE
Open RNY
07/09/2008

High/Sugery/Now/Dr. Goal/My Goal
354/299/229/170/150

lulabeth
on 4/23/08 5:01 am - Radisson, WI
Topic: RE: Support Groups?
I can handle getting to Rice Lake, that would be great!  Thanks for the help.
Jane2008
on 4/23/08 3:57 am - WI
Hi, I am new myself. In fact this is my first post. I haven't even put much about me up. I like this site very much and am learning more every day. I am new to WLS too. I just went to an informational meeting on the 14th and am waiting for pre-approval. I don't know when I will have surgery. I know I will have it in Neenah. I am 49, 3 children, married, a teacher and I weigh 389. My BMI is 65. Boy was I shocked! My scale is not the same as in Neenah. I had origainally wanted lap-band, but have moved to a desire for a RNY. The chance to have it laproscopically is a the big draw for me. I hope that it will go that way. I have been a big person all my life and am now on 8 different medicines. I want to get healthy, move with more finess, and not be a topic of concern for others. It is really beautiful in Hayward. I wish you success.
ikagram
on 4/23/08 3:44 am
Joni O.
on 4/22/08 11:20 pm
I moved to Oskosh in the midle of preparing for surgery, but started out in Cumberland.  Rice Lake has a great support group that meets monthly.  If you are interested, PM me and I'll send you the contact information.
sunilsmom
on 4/22/08 10:31 pm - WI
Topic: RE: newbie intro
Thanks ladies for the warm welcome. I go this morning for my second appt. I'll let you know what happens.
GEORGETTE
on 4/22/08 8:59 pm
Topic: RE: WLS and COBRA
I READ  MY POLICY, IT SEZ ONLY IN MATTER OF LIFE AN DEATH SIT. AN NO OTHER OPTIONS, I AM NOT DYING, BUT MY HEART AN SOUL IS.. BEST WISHES AN GOOD LUCK..GEORGETTE
Kats_Meow
on 4/22/08 1:01 pm - Milwaukee, WI
Topic: NEWBIE
Hi everyone. Im a newbie on the board. I just finished my 6 month diet and i have to take a stress test. The doctor's office said i should be scheduled from late may early june. im just hoping the ins approves me. I have UMR- ugh stupid wheaton.
~ *~ Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it~ *~ 

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll35/Kats_Meow2U/ME/
Most Active