Making my way to the bench!!

WVpaob
on 3/20/09 4:48 am

Just an update to say I had my pre-op teaching and meeting with the anesthesiologist this week.  Dr. Shin's nurse, Vanessa, went over what to expect in the hospital and the diets, then I had to go to Womens & Childrens to meet with the anesthesiologist who drew 3 tubes of blood and asked a ton of questions in preparation for surgery.  One thing Vanessa said that surprised me, was that I would be taking childrens chewable vitamins for a couple of months then would go back to regular vitamins.  So many people on the Lap Band Forum continue taking chewables because they can't  swallow pills as large as reg. vitamins.  Is there anything special you think I need to take to the hospital?   I'm getting closer!!! March 30 is just around the corner!  Hugs, Pat

jana_m_dowler
on 3/23/09 5:40 am - Rockport, WV
I am so excited for you Pat. It is a exciting time!  Good luck if I don't talk to ya before that. I am looking forward to that day I can join you on the losers bench. I can't believe I am almost up with my 6 months. I thought it would drag on me.  Next week will be the end of my 5 months. yippee!!!

Jana
WVpaob
on 3/23/09 6:13 am

Thanks so much, Jana!  I know what you mean about the pre-op time.  I was so disappointed in the beginning that I couldn't just have the surgery.  But I have to say that using that time to get prepared has been a big help.  I've learned so much here on-line.   And going to the gym in preparation of surgery has surely helped me to get into a routine that, I hope, will continue on throughout my life.  It's all been good!!  Take care, Jana.  It sounds like you'll be on the bench in May!!  Hugs, Pat

Keiths_gal
on 3/29/09 10:03 am - Bluefield, WV
Hi there!!

I will be praying that your surgery is very successful tommorrow!!  You have been very thoughtful to me and I hope you are so blessed through this surgery and you reach your goals and more!!

With prayers...
Karen Bailey

pre-VSG wt lost 44 lbs
post-VSG wt lost 110.5 lbs
154.5 lbs lost as of 04/12/2010
WVpaob
on 3/29/09 11:17 am
Karen - thank you so very much.  I'm really getting nervous.  I've got my bag packed for the hospital and my "before" pics taken.  I'm having hernia surgery also so will be in the hospital for 2-3 days.  It's so hard to believe it's here!!  And, my goodness Karen, your numbers are fantastic!  You give me something to aim for!!  Thanks again for the prayers, Karen.  I'll post when I'm able and let everyone know how things went.  Hugs, Pat
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 1989 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4697 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6296 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5626 views