3 questions

LinderLu
on 3/26/09 12:52 pm - bridgeport, WV
Well after a week and a half of waiting on the referal from my Dr. I called to see if anythign had been done. It hadnt.. surprise.  The lady on the line said that since I dont have diabities yet, that the WV medical card wont approve me.  She said that it is up to my dr if she wants to refere me to a dr in Charleston to get the surgery done.   So my questions...

1.  Why would a Dr. in Charleston be able to get me approved and a Dr. in Morgantown wouldnt?  (Mo-town is about 40 mins away and C-ton is about 2 hrs away)

2.  Has anyone been able to get approved on the WV medical card that was NOT a diabetic?

3.  Do I have to have a referal for the card to pay for it or am I able to make an appointment myself?

I'm really starting to feel like my dr. really doesnt care for my feelings.  She cares when I'm there and as soon as I leave I'm not her problem anymore.  I know there has to be a loophole somewhere.
skinnygirl1978
on 4/16/09 7:19 am
WV Medicaid does require patients to be diabetic. You can call them or find their list of requirements on their website. Also, they will only approve for gastric bypass, no bands. Wasn't sure which you were interested in.
Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 1989 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4697 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6296 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5626 views