New Here but, not to OH

Lisa W.
on 5/21/09 11:17 am - Charles Town, WV
RNY on 08/21/07 with
Hi all...

I am Lisa.  I live in Charles Town, WV and have for about a year.  I have, up to this point, frequented the VA board because that's where I grew up and came from.  Recently, I've had an unfortunate experience with someone that I thought was my friend and turned out to be very much not a friend.  So, I have decided that it's best to leave toxic relationships behind and find some new friendly folks where I live!

My story is LONG and TOUGH!  I had Lap RNY on Aug. 21, 2007.   Six weeks post op, I developed a stricture and four weeks after that, I developed the first of many many many ulcers.  I had a perforated ulcer in May of 2008 and then a revision of the ulcerated area in June of 2008.  Since that time, I have battled ulcers off and on.  I spent 6 months with a PICC line and TPN (IV nutrition that I gave myself every night).  That came out in April and I was great for nearly two months.  Last week, I had a recurrence of my ulcer and now, we are sort of at an impasse.
The docs all want me to have a reversal but, I cannot fathom going back to 350 pounds.  I cannot even think about gaining ANY weight...it sends me into a major depression.

So, at the moment, I am treating my current ulcer, and praying that my surgeon will agree to another revision as opposed to a reversal.  In any case, I am happy to come over here to WV and be a participant here! 
Lisa W.
RNY 8/21/07
Starting weight 348
Current weight  188
Super Momma to:
Aidan 2/14/02 and
Aimee 2/06/04
First Post-op baby due 9/10!
Cira S.
on 5/23/09 2:22 am - Charles Town , WV
Hello Lisa,

Welcome!   I am so glad to finally see someone from Charles Town!!  I have been living in Charles Town since last June. I used to live in Odenton, MD

I am sorry that you have been having a rough time with ulcers. Do they say why you keep getting them? I can't even imagine how miserable you must beeling with all that. 

I was once going through major discomfort and the doctor precribed carafate with prevacid and it helped a lot. That was last year and now this year I have been battling withe the same discomforts again. :-(

I have been trying to set up a support group in our area let me know if you will be interested. 
I am a certified support group leader with OH.  I do have an online group that you or anyone here can join so we can have some online table discussions to support eachother.  I am currently working on trying to get a consensus on what day and time would be the best for evenone to meet up in the chat room. 

Take care and keep in touch!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/WVJeffersonCountyWLSupportG roup/welcome/

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Lisa W.
on 5/23/09 8:35 am - Charles Town, WV
RNY on 08/21/07 with
Thanks!
We moved to Charles Town last June as well.  We had a house built in Huntfield.
I would love a support group locally.  I had surgery at Fair Oaks and trekking down there for the support group is tough.
Lisa W.
RNY 8/21/07
Starting weight 348
Current weight  188
Super Momma to:
Aidan 2/14/02 and
Aimee 2/06/04
First Post-op baby due 9/10!
Cira S.
on 7/5/09 1:01 am - Charles Town , WV
Hi Lisa,

Please join my group online.  I am going to set up a support group meeting for the 3rd of 4th week of July.  Please click on the link on my signature.  I hope you join so we can support eachother.  I am trying to get this support group started.  I am just recovering from surgery I had on June 25th so I am now home with enough time to invest on getting the support group started. I live at Locust Hill Community. So not too far from you!

I am who I am and accept my feelings wholeheartedly.
Those that mind don't matter, and those that matter don't mind.

Cira 249/144.0 current/goal 154/ 5'3" 10 lbs below my Dr's goal
100Cira-1.jpg picture by negra266

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 1988 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4695 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6293 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5624 views