Hello West Virginia is there anybody out there?

shannonlayne
on 4/28/12 10:11 am - WV
Just found this forum for WV and noticed there were no post since Jan. 2012. Just trying to find some folks in Charleston area that has had WLS at CAMC Weight Loss Center. Hope to hear from some folks.

(deactivated member)
on 6/7/12 6:28 am - WV
I'm from the area, but I had my surgery in Huntington.
metz2112
on 2/14/13 2:16 am - WV

Hey, 

I am an ex husband of a weight loss patient that could really offer some good insight. 

Rob T.
on 2/21/13 2:37 pm - PA
RNY on 05/13/13

Hi Shannon, I going to have surgery through WVU Bariatrics in Morgantown, WV but medicare shut me down after I had everything done and waiting for approval, because the clinic was certified... I live in Waynesburg, PA and charleston is so far away :(

[May 8, 13 Pre-Op Wt: 279 /BMI 44.4] [June 6, 13 Wt: 249 /BMI 39.6] -30 lbs.

rachellouise_2003
on 3/24/13 6:19 am

hi shannon. I just found the wv forum also.... i live close to parkersburg, wv and Dr. Shinn will be doing my surgery. Are you post-op?

Lisa82
on 3/28/13 9:07 am

Hi everyone!! I just found this and wanted to drop in and say hello. I met with Dr. Shinn last week for the first time and have the ball rolling. He was very pleasant and knowledgeable and answered all questions I had.  I am nervous as anything and I have just begun..imagine how I will be surgery day?! YIKES!!!  

kisersassy
on 5/16/13 12:22 am - Stanaford, WV
RNY on 10/29/12

Dr. Shin performed my surgery 6 1/2 months ago.  He is a nice doctor and will take good care of you!!

If you have any questions I will be more than happy to help

Rhonda

brenda_m
on 5/15/13 5:06 am - Renick, WV

Hi everyone!!

I hope this forum could be a little more active. Anyway, Im pre-op and working on my 6 month stuff before surgery. I live in Greenbrier Co. WV. I meet with my surgeon 1st time on friday, may,17th. Cant wait to get the ball rolling. Im having my surgery done in Huntington, Cabell Huntington Hosp. Is anyone out there who wants to be friends or share experiences? Please let me know.

Tisme
on 6/4/13 8:50 am

Brenda I am also planning on having surgery with Dr. Nease

brenda_m
on 6/5/13 9:38 am - Renick, WV

If you havent already contacted his office, do so. The nurse was kind enough to send me the 6 forms that must be filled out my my PCP every month when I go weigh in. I live quite a distance away from Huntington so this was a big help for me. I am required to have:

1. EKG

2. stress test

3. Nutrition class

4. chest xray

5. psych. eval.

6. lab work

Some insurances require you lose 10% of your body weight. Unless your way over obese like me. Like I said before, doc Nease wants me to be down to 350. Might want to check with your insurance co. to see what they require. The nurses at Dr. Neases office are very knowledgeable when it comes to insurance and they might tell you what you need to do. Probably similar to what Im doing. Once they get the 1st of those 6 sheets, they will schedule you with Dr. Nease. If you need any help or have questions please ask. Im usually on the Roux-n-Y forum. Lots of great people on there. Im also on MyFitnessPal.com. I keep track of all my food intake on there. Lots of people do. Keep in touch.

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 1997 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4702 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6305 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5632 views