thinking about weight loss surgery

metz2112
on 2/14/13 2:14 am - WV

better really think about it. I am a ex husband of a wife that had surgery back in 2006. I believe in my heart that most people or alot of people that go and have this surgery do so because they think it is a magic bullett. Well its not!! My own personal opinion is there is more negative about it than there is positive. There is so much that the family of a candidate for this surgery is NOT told. Noone ever told me there is a 75%divorce rate. No one ever told me that my wife would trade her food addiction for an alcohol addiction that years later turned into a pill addiction and most of all noone ever told me that is she didnt stop smoking she stood a significant chance of getting bleeding ulcers in her digestive tract. Well she has and the first time she bled out, they transfused 6 units of blood. She of course should have died.  Did she lose weight. Yes! 100+ pounds and I can almost hear a collective gasp! see wow isnt that wonderful?? there is an up side to health issues that may have been avoided, but now said ex wife is facing four felonies for bad judgment that she used. One thing to note here. I was married to this woman for 16 years. She NEVER had a problem with alcohol the whole time were together. someone from the outside looking in would have probably said probably that I myself was going to be the one with a problem. Luckily that hasnt been the case. Within the first year of having gastric bypass. Her body processed alcohol differently. She now gets sloshed on very little. she has no tolerence now at all. Before writing this I had just gotten off the phone with her. She said that over the past 7 years or so everthing bad that has happened to her, she feels the root cause is gastric bypass surgery. Its possible that is she wouldnt have had this surgery she and I would have worked thru our differences and maybe still be together. Too late for that now. I'm raising her biological grandson because her life has been such a mess since 2006. He's doing great and is on the B honor role. 

brenda_m
on 5/15/13 5:00 am - Renick, WV

Hi, I know its been awhile since you posted and I hope things are going better for you. I cant speak for everyone who has wls, but I think you'll find that most have this surgery to get healthy and live a long happy life. I guess there are some who get led astray. Your wife seems to me like one who did. She apparently made some new (not so good) friends. Im sorry you had to go thru all this with her. There are alot of people on here who have lost an incredible amount of weight and still very happily married. I really hope your in a better place now and your grandson is doing good. Hope to hear from you. This forum needs to be a little more active.

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 1998 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4704 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6307 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5633 views