Recent Posts

ThisRoxx
on 6/13/18 10:08 pm
Topic: RE: ANYONE IN PARKERSBURG WV, BELPRE OH, MARIETTA OH AREAS

Hello, Bridget!

I know your post was quite some time ago(I hope you are doing well! ) but I'd love to know if you have a group or might want to put one together if not?
Warm wishes,

Roxx

rakat
on 7/1/17 2:47 pm
Topic: WLS in WV?

Hi there, I am in the process of researching WLS. I live near Ripley, WV. Google searches do not seem to find many surgeons in the area. I am aware of the WVU program. However, that is a bit too long of a drive. This might sound like whining but I have extremely bad knees. Long road trips are painful. Can someone please recommend a surgeon and such?

Ash2360
on 9/26/16 7:49 am
Topic: RE: Coventry Cares WV Medicaid

I know your post is older but I just joined this group. I have medicaid it does cover lap band. That's what I will be having. I am going to Dr bali. And have medicaid. I am going through all the steps. Only been seeing him for 3 months. The hardest part is getting in to see the psych Dr. There are a lot of steps to go through to get it approved though. A lot of work and a lot of appointments. If it weren't for going to this though I wouldn't have found dead out a lot of other medical issues wrong with me though as well. Good luck if you haven't already gotten there. 

Sunfish6406
on 6/3/16 11:28 pm
Topic: Wv coventry care requirments

I am just now starting my journey..i talked with winchester bariatric program and the woman pretty much told me its impossible to get approved on medicaid..so as of july 1 i will have coventry care...does anyone know coventry cares requirements and what is a realistic time frame on getting the surgery done ?

Stormwatch72
on 2/13/16 8:23 am

Plus no one has said a word to me about regain or even having to lose weight pre op.... I have anyway on my own ...very little but they also understand I'm on steroids for rheumatoid arthritis which makes it very hard to lose.

I go the 24th and I'll keep you posted with what they say then. Would lI've to chat more wirh you. My Facebook is stephanie saul hoover if you want to add me ... I also belong to the Facebook gastric bypass group with Is very informative.

Stormwatch72
on 2/13/16 8:17 am

Sorry I haven't logged on for a while but yes I see Dr Rossi with CAMC. Who do you see? They've since changed things again to 6 months and I have my 6th appt Feb 24th at which point they say they'll request authorization from Coventry. My fingers are crossed hopeful that they don't change thus again when I go on the 24th :(

KittysarusRex
on 12/14/15 5:37 am

My Dr's office said for sure it's now 12 months supervised, NO REGAIN.  Not even a pound.  If you regain a pound, you have to start over.  Dietitian and everything still.  I've already disqualified myself so I'll have to start over now.

KittysarusRex
on 12/11/15 12:58 pm

That's exactly what they told me and told me to call back last week to double check but I tried to call this week and my doctor's insurance lady has been on vacation.  And it's the exact same thing with me calling Coventry BUT the only thing that had changed is when I gave them the CPT code for the sleeve it was pre-auth.

Also, you aren't going to CAMC by chance are you?

Stormwatch72
on 11/20/15 6:24 pm

My Dr's office told me yesterday that coventry cares is now going to cover all 3 surgeries but when I started this journey back in August there was a 3 mth required visits and diet & nutrition counseling and then in Oct they told me it was changed to 6 mths and I went yesterday and,get told that aetna bought coventry and now it was gonna be 12 mths :( this is very discouraging for me and here I am starting my 4th mth.  I called Coventry my self and they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about concerning the 12 mth info so I called the Dr's office back and they were like "well we've heard 4 different stories from 4 different insurance reps and we're trying to get to the bottom of it and we'll call u back" does anyone else know what's going  on with this? 

KittysarusRex
on 10/7/15 9:01 am

I did some research and that all seems true, as far as they have told me, and I was told they cover all three and that it "just says gastric bypass." I've sent in all my info to the CAMC Weight Loss Center and it seems like it takes them forever to do anything. It's been a week and I can't get anyone to call me or contact me back to make an appointment to see Dr. Shin or to see if I need to have anything else sent to them. :\

Most Active
Recent Topics
WLS in WV?
rakat · 0 replies · 1998 views
Wv coventry care requirments
Sunfish6406 · 0 replies · 4703 views
Coventry Cares WV Medicaid
AKD40 · 9 replies · 6306 views
Bcbs highmark of wv?
conandjaysmom · 0 replies · 5632 views