Big Horn Basin support group

Kathy L.
on 1/6/08 1:22 pm - Deaver, WY
Hi everyone, I am wanting to start a support group.  I am a certified leader now and am excited about a group.  I'd like to find out if there are others out there that would be interested in such a group.  I live in Basin and thought that a Big Horn Basin group would be a need that would help me more than anything.  I had my RNY in 2000 have maintained a 70# loss but would like to loose to my goal (another 30-40 #) and I believe that a WLS support group would be just the ticket to get me back on track. If you are interested or know someone that might be interested in this type of support, please let me know.  Send me a private message and I'll get back to you. Thanks -- Kathy
Jennifer M.
on 1/7/08 3:56 am - Casper, WY
Sorry Kathy, I am not in the Big Horn Basin...in Casper. But if you ever want to chat or need support please don't hesitate to shoot me an e-mail. I am currently working on losing the 30lbs I gained back and understand how important a support group is. I wish the best of luck in finding a group.
Kathy L.
on 1/7/08 10:53 am - Deaver, WY
Thanks for the email.  I moved from Casper Labor day 2006.  Hope I get to have this support group, my boss says it might be a conflict of interest.  Waiting to find out.  How are you doing with your 30 lbs.  I'm struggling, need to leave the sugar alone and when I'm not happy or on a strict schedule, I just can't seem to stay in control.  Better go for this time.  Thanks again for replying, appreciate knowing there is someone out there reading this.--Kathy
Lenette G.
on 1/8/08 1:04 am - Worland, WY
Hello, I also don't live in Big Horn Basin rather Buffalo.  I would like to keep in touch with local people who are going through or have gone through what I am going through now.  If you would like the same add me as a friend so I don't lose contact. Thanks, Lenette Buffalo Wyoming
Kathy L.
on 1/8/08 4:02 am - Deaver, WY
Lenette, I'm glad that you replied.  Hope you are having a successful journey.  I'm still trying to get the support group off the ground.  If you are ever in this area, please call.  Feel free to contact me any time, if I don't know the answer I do know where to find it and need all the support I can get from everyone.  Thanks again, Kathy
Jennifer M.
on 1/8/08 1:19 am - Casper, WY
Working very hard on the 30lbs. The carb monster is also my downfall (and grazing). I had a long talk with the hubbie and he agreed to eat high protein/low-carb with me as he wants to lose 20lbs. We are working out together every morning and trying to keep each other on track. Where in the Basin are you located?
Jennifer M.
on 1/8/08 1:20 am - Casper, WY
Just ignore the last question, I just saw you are in Basin. Sorry.
WyominGirl
on 1/9/08 11:05 am
Kathy- I would love to keep in touch if you get something off the ground. I work at the hospital in Cody and would be happy to get the word out in the Cody/Powell area! Jamie
Kathy L.
on 1/9/08 1:07 pm - Deaver, WY
Hi Jamie, I'll be looking for a place in the next week!  I'll add you to my friends list so we can keep in touch.  I'll let you know when things really get going.  Thank you for letting me know you would be willing to help...Thanks --- Kathy
vbee
on 2/13/08 7:05 am - Cody, WY
Kathy and Jamie -- Cody has a support group!!! The first meeting is March 13th at 6:30 p.m. at the Boys and Girls Club of Park County building, 308 16th St.  It is sponsored by Weight Loss Surgery of Wyoming out of Riverton and is open to everyone!  Dr. Lewis, surgeon and Donna Post, RN will be at our first meeting so I hope to see you there!  We're also organizing a clothing share as well!  If you need more info please email me! :)
Vera B
Cody, WY
LAPRNY 7/31/06 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Wyoming!!
wyo_sarah · 3 replies · 5114 views
Little Bites
pinklowrider · 0 replies · 5710 views
February 20, 2013
pinklowrider · 2 replies · 6260 views
Good Morning Wyoming