Home

dridlen
on 3/19/08 12:30 pm - gillette, WY
I am home from surgery and doing pretty well. THe gas is killing me as is not being able to have anything except clear liquids. NO DIET PEPSI is the worst......................... BUt I know I will be ok.  Just checking in. Dottie
brenmatt65
on 3/19/08 11:41 pm - Powell, WY
Hi Dottie! I'm sooooo glad to hear you're doing good!  I know the first two weeks were the toughest for me.  All I wanted to do was CHEW CHEW CHEW something--anything! LOL.  Hang in there, in the scheme of things, a few weeks is really nothing and you'll be amazed how fast it passes by.  I'm almost 8 months out from surgery already!!  AMAZING!   Noooooo Diet Pepsi.  Don't forget the problems that can occur from carbonated drinks.  They're bad bad bad for us.  If the foaminess stretches your stoma, you're in deep doo-doo for using your tool for weight loss and maintenance.  If you just GOTTA have a Diet Pepsi now and again, I'd recommend letting it go flat first and drinking the decaffinated as well. I hope I'm not coming off bossy, just concerned.  I look forward to hearing your progress as you move through the weight loss!!  It's amazing and you'll feel soooooo much better!!  God bless you!! Glad you're doing well :-)  Brenda
dridlen
on 3/20/08 1:24 am - gillette, WY
I am hanging in there. I just keep remembering that this phase won't last forever. Plus it is so important to get healed correctly, then I can use my tool and really start living. I tried just a sip of diet soda yesterday and it killed me. It hurt really bad, so I won't do that again.l THere are lots of flavors of crystal light that i enjoy, I will go that route and maybe even go shopping and see what else is available now.  THanks for replying. Dottie
Jennifer M.
on 3/20/08 7:02 am - Casper, WY
Dottie, Glad to hear everything went well and you made it home okay.  I'm not sure the rule on soda for the lap band but I know it is a HUGE no, no for RNY patients.  You will find there is tons of new drinks on the market with lots of different flavors so you will something you love.  Best of luck to you on your journey and "Welcome to the losers bench"! Jennifer

WyominGirl
on 3/20/08 11:01 am
Have you tried True-Orange, Lemon or Lime? You can add it to water and it's like squeezing a slice of fruit in your ice water. Not sweet, but a nice change. No calories no carbs. I just gave up a serious Pepsi addiction so I am experimenting with all sorts of beverages! Let me know what you think! Jamie
dridlen
on 3/20/08 1:29 pm - gillette, WY
No I haven't even seen true orange or lemon or lime. Where would I find that? I am up for trying anything. Thanks for replying. Dottie in Wyoming
brenmatt65
on 3/20/08 2:31 pm - Powell, WY

Hi Dottie! I've found a couple of links for you about the True Orange, Lemon and Lime drinks.  I buy them at our local supermarket in the Kool-aid section.  Enjoy! http://www.truelemon.com/newfamily.cfm http://truelemon.com/sample.html http://www.discountcoffee.com/true_orange.htm I Googled "true orange" and found tons of links.  These three were right at the top.  I hope this helps! Brenda :-)

brenmatt65
on 3/20/08 2:35 pm - Powell, WY
Hi WyominGirl! I just met Dr. Lewis a week ago tonight.  He's AWESOME and so is Donna!  They came to Cody for a support group meeting.  The support group is just getting started there.  I love those two!!  I can't imagine how much wonderful information and support they will be to those of us in the Big Horn Basin. Great to see you here!!   Brenda
WyominGirl
on 3/21/08 12:44 am
Brenda- I can't say enough good things about the two of them! I have been working with Vera to get the group moved to the hospital (I work there, and driv ein from Powell). Dottie- At or local supermarket they were with the lemon juice and such. Hope you are able to find them! Jamie
dridlen
on 3/21/08 12:32 am - gillette, WY
We are going to WalMart tonight, so I am going to look there. It sounds like a good atlernative, I am getting bored with the things I am drinking and it is only 5 days out.  I am also wanting to find a support group, but it sounds like I am going to have to start one here in Gillette. I don't even know where to start. Do you happen to know of any support groups close to me? THanks, Dottie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Wyoming!!
wyo_sarah · 3 replies · 5118 views
Little Bites
pinklowrider · 0 replies · 5710 views
February 20, 2013
pinklowrider · 2 replies · 6261 views
Good Morning Wyoming
pinklowrider · 0 replies · 5638 views