Where did you go for your surgery and why?

4hmomwyo
on 1/23/09 5:00 am, edited 1/23/09 5:03 am - Laramie, WY
I'm in Laramie, so I am almost equal distances from Cheyenne and Ft. Collins.  I am looking at Lap Band, but that is not set in stone.  I would like to hear from people who have had surgery in either of these towns, as to which doctor you went to and why.
Laura
(deactivated member)
on 1/24/09 10:39 pm
Hi Laura,
  I had my lapband done in Cheyenne, Dr. Fermelia.  So far, I've really liked his staff, well, except one office girl maybe.  I think they try very hard to make sure their patients are very educated about the surgery and what to expect and do after surgery.  The only negative I can give you, is that they weren't very helpful after my insurance denied me after the first set of paperwork was sent in.  I had to handle the insurance appeal on my own.  They initially said they would help me with an appeal if I got denied, and then when I actually DID get denied, they wouldn't help me.  So that's what I can think of just off the top of my head.  Feel free to PM me if you'd like.
dridlen
on 1/25/09 7:51 am - gillette, WY
Hi, I am in Gillette and had my surgery in Cheyenne. Dr Parnell was my surgeon, though I have seen both of them. I think their program is great and would never consider going anywhere else. The aftercare is great also. I do not have to go to Cheyenne to get my fills, I go to Casper. I can't wait to hear what you have decided.

Dottie R.
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
236 (highest)/228 (at surgery)/136.8(currently)

knh771
on 3/16/09 6:47 am - WY
Hi Laura,

I had my surgery in Cheyenne after considering Cheyenne, Ft. Collins, and Greeley.  In the end, I chose Cheyenne because I liked the staff, had spoken to a lot of satisfied patients and wanted to be as close to home as possible.  If I had a complication, I didn't want to be in the car for an hour (or longer) to get help. 

I also looked into the National Center of Excellence status of the clinics, but distance was the primary decision factor.  I've been very pleased.  I've never had a problem and the staff has been very responsive to my needs.

Kenya
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. - Unknown

298/272/162/1??
highest/surgery/current/
goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Wyoming!!
wyo_sarah · 3 replies · 5115 views
Little Bites
pinklowrider · 0 replies · 5710 views
February 20, 2013