Coming back to WY for a visit

NNicholas
on 8/7/09 6:32 pm - Oxford, MI
I am getting ready for my annual visit to my place out west of Casper in September. I hope that all of you in Wyoming are doing well. I can't wait to see those wide open spaces again. Nothing in this world is like the open skies at night over Wyoming.
 "I refuse to measure success in pounds lost, but rather in life gained!"
Nick
dridlen
on 8/20/09 10:15 am - gillette, WY
Well stop in Gillette and say HOWDY! when you get close. I am glad you can't wait to see the wide open spaces, I am totally sick of them......LOL. 

Dottie R. 
Certified Obesity Help Support Group Leader
236 (highest)/228 (at surgery)/136.8(currently)

NNicholas
on 8/21/09 8:05 pm, edited 8/21/09 8:13 pm - Oxford, MI
Why, thank you, I just might do that, if the timing permits. I do have a busy schedule for when I am out there, but there is always time to say howdy. My place in west  of Casper, off HWY 20/26, but I come up I-25 from I-80, so it is not too far out of the way. A visit to Gillette for a bit sounds like fun. Sorry you are tired of the open spaces of Wyoming, but if your were from Detroit, where I grew up and still live near, it would seem like heaven there. I would take open, blue, clear skies above prairie over gray, smog filled skies above concrete and buildings any day. You can drive 200 miles straight here and never see anything but city. Of course it could be worse, in NYC you can't see sky at all unless you kink your neck trying to look straight up, just to try and catch a glimpse of a patch of it, between the concrete, steel and glass. I grew up a country boy, and my heart will always be rural, just where I live the rural went away.
 "I refuse to measure success in pounds lost, but rather in life gained!"
Nick
(deactivated member)
on 8/23/09 11:18 pm
Don't forget to stop in and say "Hello" to the Jackalope city!  I live in Douglas...."Home of the Jackalope".  Hope your trip is wonderful!  We just went to Denver for a little weekend trip with our kids, and boy am I happy to be back in our wide open space!  You couldn't pay me enough to live in a big city like that!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hello Wyoming!!
wyo_sarah · 3 replies · 5111 views
Little Bites
pinklowrider · 0 replies · 5706 views
February 20, 2013
pinklowrider · 2 replies · 6249 views
Good Morning Wyoming
pinklowrider · 0 replies · 5629 views