Hi all

Iris J.
on 6/24/05 5:23 am - Maxwell AFB, AL
Hi I am a newbie to this forum didn't know anything about these forums. I am 25 and stationed at Keesler AFB, MS. I had my surgery on Feb 8th, 2005 and have lost 63lbs. I had my surgery here on base and I was very happy with the doctor and the hospital. My husband is stationed here hopefully we will get to leave soon. (I doubt it though) I started the process in Jan with my PCM and within a month and a half I had my surgery. Was gonna put more but if you want more than that read my profile tehehehe... *~* Iris *~*
Maria Finan
on 6/27/05 1:36 pm - Richland, WA
Hi Iris, Congrats on the weight loss. We were stationed up at Columbus AFB for just over 3 years. I've been up here at Eielson AFB in the Fairbanks, AK area since Oct 2003. My husband did a year in Korea at Osan AB and joined me in AK in Jan 2005. Our base is on the list to be "realigned"; but it's a major realignment - losing 95% of all active duty, losing all active duty aircraft, and losing all civilians (I'm one of the civilians). With my upcoming WLS on 5 July and the uncertainty of the base, the next few months will be very interesting. Good luck on getting orders, Maria
jantyson
on 7/30/05 12:14 pm
Maria, how was your surgery? Mine is scheduled for 8/22. We are at Travis and I too am a civilian employee on base (GS). My hubby has 25 in and is hot for Korea right now. If he leaves me he will come back to half the wife he left. That helps me deal with the possibility. Hope you are doing well. Jan
Maria Finan
on 8/2/05 1:09 am - Richland, WA
Jan, surgery went great. I'm 4 weeks post today and down 33 pounds. I work in Contracting (also GS) and went back to work on the 25th of July. I went to visit my husband 3 times while he was in Korea and that helped so much. He also came home on a mid-tour. Because my job at our follow-on base (Eielson) started earlier than his remote to Korea, we actually did 15 months apart instead of 12. My husband is in aircraft maintenance, and we just hit 20 in March. I'm glad my surgery went well because we're headed to Hawaii on 5 Aug for a 2 week trip to Hawaii (celebrating our 20th anniversary). Good luck, Maria
msiris
on 8/2/05 2:48 pm - St Joseph, MO
Hi, Iris! My name is Iris DeVine! Glad to meet you. My hubby was active for years and is now in the Air Guard here in Missouri! He is in Iraq and is to return next week. My surgey is on the 15th of this month! So, I hadda do all the technical stuff while he has been gone! I'm having the Lap-Band. Well, glad to meet you. Iris D
Most Active
Recent Topics
Married during AIT?
airberg2b · 0 replies · 590 views
little rock AFB PCM
elromine · 1 replies · 369 views
hi
RJOLLY1967 · 2 replies · 393 views