Morning Folks

Miss Mary
on 6/12/11 4:17 pm - Huntsville, AL
I know I've been MIA  for a while. Will try to do better. Just sitting here and a song keeps running thru my head, don't you just hate it when it happen and you can't get it to go away. WOULDN'T TAKE NOTHING FOR MY JOURNEY NOW. GONNA MAKE IT TO HEAVEN SOMEHOW.  Well this has been an incredible journey and and I'm extremely grateful I got to take the trip. At time I feel like I have made it to heaven already. I feel better at 62 than I did at 42. Seven years out, 85 pounds lighter and tons happier. My weight has been the same, within 5 pounds, for the past 4 years. I can eat anything I want in reasonable amounts. I work hard and play even harder. Have wonderful jobs that I love, great family, fantastic friends and a church family that can't be beat. What more could a little old lady ask for. My neighbors came over this afternoon and mowed, weedeated, cut a ton of brush and low hanging limbs and hauled everything off. My yard is beautiful now. I worked over 3 hours with them and  was still standing when we got finished.

They lady, Mrs. C that I I have been sitting with for the past 2 years is living with me since her house blew away with us in it on April 27. She is very sastisfied here with me. We have a barrel of laughs. I've been doing a few things around the house to make it easier on her. I put new flooring in her rooms.New higher commode, painted her bedroom and bath, got her a new chair to loll around in(I call it her throne)Last week I had a new heat pump installed and now we are nice and comfortable. This next week I'm going to install handrails on the front steps to aid her in going in and out. One of our local churches came out and cleaned her lot up. Her daughter has already had her new house started. The roofers, plumber and electrician are all coming to work on in today. They said they would have it ready for her to move into by August. God sure has been good to us hasn't he?
So as I sing my song WOULDN'T TAKE NOTHING FOR MY JOURNEY NOW, GONNA MAKE IT HEAVEN SOMEHOW.  I will close with a happy heart. Love, Miss Mary
Kim S.
on 6/12/11 9:53 pm - Helena, AL
Miss Mary, it is so nice to hear from you, and to hear that you are doing so well.  Your friend is so lucky to have someone like you in her life.  I pray many more blessings find their way to you!

Kim

Louise A.
on 6/13/11 12:44 am - Anniston, AL
Miss Mary good to hear from you and looking forward to hanging out on  deck lounging   in our bikini's in February.   I sure wished we lived closer so your energy would rub off on me.   I am so thrilled ever thing is working out for you and Mrs C.  You take care and have fun as I know you are. 
Elle Felts
on 6/19/11 1:16 pm - TUSCALOOSA, AL
Oh Aunt Mary, it's so good to hear from you,  I am glad to know you are doing well.  That lost make me think of Miss Debbie (Lady Bug) and Mr. Jimmy.  They sing that song so well.  Love it.  I just wish I had another copy.  I wore the other one slap out.  Literally...I DID.  LOL  Anyway, just want to you you are still at STAR in my book and I love ya.

Elle

Carmen G.
on 6/26/11 8:54 am - Lincoln, AL
I love you, Miss Mary!!!!  I miss ya bunches.
knjsSecretPal
on 7/9/11 9:46 am
BOY!!  HAVE I BEEN PRAYING FOR YOU AND WANTING TO HEAR YOU WERE OK!!  I have missed you so much.   You are such a blessing. 

I will be praying for you and for Ms. C.  Sounds like you are doing wonderful. 

Now I have that song singing in my mind.  I love it!!  Wouldn't take nothing for MY journey now, I'm gonna make it to heaven somehow....nothing can turn me around!! 

Love you!!

Randall

Back in Luverne.
Most Active