I am so disgusted with myself! Almost 4 years out and 50 pound weight gain

Elizabeth W.
on 9/29/11 3:51 am - Chickasaw, AL
I havent been on in a very long time.. Up until January of this year I managed to keep my weight off.. ranging from 155 to 165. Well thats has all been blown away as in the past nearly 10 months Ive managed to gain 50 pounds. I started grazing and seemed I could never get enough to eat, then I would get sick. Today I weighed myself and was DISGUSTED 216 pounds!!! I thought I would never EVER see the 200's again, but here I am. It was like I went to sleep a size 8/10 and woke up the next day in a 16/18. Gastric Bypass is not a permanent solution its just a tool, and we must do other things to work with this tool. I am so ashamed of myself.. I am avoiding everyone who gave me so many compliments before. I am starting a liquid diet today and going back thru the progression as we did right after gastric bypass surgery. I pray I get a handle on this problem. I am so worried that I will balloon up again to over 300 pounds. I worked so hard to lose the weight after surgery and to maintain it.. then I got lazy and started my grazing.. I dont know how to turn back the hands of time before its too late.. I feel hopeless and useless..surgery date was 12/26/2007..

Pre-op 311 /  1st day out of hospital 318  / Current 160/ FINAL GOAL 145

Photobucket

Lisa M.
on 9/29/11 11:55 am - Delano, TN
Hi Elizabeth,

NO SHAME! 

You and I together can do this!  I too have gained!  Let's together make the decision to work this off!  Drink water, eat  protein, no snacking, no carbs, no sugars.  We can do this!  You are not alone and you are not a failure and you have nothing to be ashamed of.  It's an addiction like any other.  The only difference is that our drug has to be with us every day.  I am willing let's get back to the basics.

Lisa
Faith is NOT believing God can.
    It is knowing that God will!

Elizabeth W.
on 9/29/11 10:53 pm - Chickasaw, AL
Lisa.. big hugs to u.. Today I woke up fired up that im gonna get this gained weight off of me. You are right it is a addiction.. and its one we have to deal with everywhere we go..everywhere we look there is food! Im determined... I didnt come this far to let the addiction defeat me! Lets do it together Girl!

Pre-op 311 /  1st day out of hospital 318  / Current 160/ FINAL GOAL 145

Photobucket

Lisa M.
on 10/28/11 10:27 pm - Delano, TN
Hi Elizabeth...thinking about you....How are you doing?  Just remember a setback is ot a road block.  Go around it and move forward!

GO GO GO GO!

Lisa
Faith is NOT believing God can.
    It is knowing that God will!

Kim S.
on 9/29/11 11:38 pm - Helena, AL
Yes, you can do it!  The key, I believe, to keeping it off forever is to make PERMANENT lifestyle changes.  This doesn't mean you'll never eat a cookie or drink an alcoholic beverage.  What it does mean is that at least 80% of the time you are on a good, healthy plan, and no matter what, you are a regular exerciser.  We must always track our food and we must move our bodies.  We will always be obese--just in remission.

You know what made you gain and you know what you must do to lose it.  It is the same as it has always been---pre surgery and post surgery--you must take in less than you burn each day.  The only way to be aware of the numbers is to track your food intake and burn calories through exercise. 

I hope you can get your mind back in the correct frame so you can once again get control of your weight.  Remember, you are worth it!  Make time to log your food, prepare good meals and EXERCISE, EXERCISE, EXERCISE!!

We are here for you.

Kim

Leslie M.
on 9/30/11 10:24 am - AL
You can do it!!!!!  I think you have made a wonderful decision to get back to the basics and start the liquid diet.  By making the decision to not keep gaining is the first step to getting to the weight you desire!

Best of luck!

Leslie
southernbelle52
on 10/2/11 8:56 am - Jacksonville, AL
I too had gastric bypass in December 2007. I also was maintaining at about 150, then the carb monster took over. I ate and ate carbs until I had gained back almost 30 pounds. When I had to buy bigger pants just so I could go to work, I woke up and decided I had to get the weight off. I am glad to say that when I went back to basics, the weight came off. I have now lost the 30 pounds. This is how I did it:
     Week One I ate nothing but protein; absolutely no added carbs just like when I was newly post-op. It is amazing how little I could eat when I left off the carbs. It was difficult, but it was worth it.
      Week Two: I ate protein first and added two servings of vegetables per day and one fruit, but no bananas.
      Week Three until goal: I continued week two until the weight was all gone. I am glad to report I am now at 148 pounds. I actually lost a few more than 30 pounds.

Gastric bypass is a tool and luckily my tool still works. Good luck in your journey to return to your comfortable weight.
 vickie

gina828
on 10/4/11 8:56 am - Prattville, AL
I like, "we will always  be obese, just in remission"
Robert P.
on 10/23/11 5:01 am - Pelham, AL
I went through some other medical issues, got VERY depressed, and got back into all my old eating habits.  I regained 30 lbs., and was on the verge of having to go buy fatter clothes.  I decided enough was enough, and got back on program.  I've dropped that 30 lbs. in the last month, and intend to continue to my goal (about 40 more lbs.).  I've seen some people gain every pound back, plus some, so STOP NOW!!  You will hate yourself if you end up back where you started.
High 468 / Surgery 433 / Current 243/ Goal 219
Most Active