hi all =]... support groups?

Jennifer B.
on 4/10/12 11:44 pm - Townley, AL
 does anyone know of any support groups in walker county? im so depressed about my regain and feel like i need to seek support and motivation again. thanks for any info =]
beforeandafter6-9-09.jpg image by jennismurf205
Surgery date: Aug. 28, 2008.  Start weight 489 -  Current weight on March 29th 2009 368 - Goal weight 180 
Have lost 145 pounds so far.
Lisa M.
on 4/11/12 1:28 am - Delano, TN
Hi Jennifer,

I am in Dale County so I cannot be of help there, however; there is another Board on here called back on track together.  Very helpful for post-ops with a re-gain.  I too am struggling with a re gain but I am going to get it back off and you will too!

www.obesityhelp.com/group/backontracktogether/discussion/
Lisa
Faith is NOT believing God can.
    It is knowing that God will!

Kim S.
on 4/12/12 12:20 am - Helena, AL
And we are here for you!  The first step is reaching out for help.  No judgement-just support from me.  Now, I may give you some tough love and call you out for not doing what you know you need to do, but I do it with love and understanding of where you are because I've been there!

Each day I post a daily "whatcha eating/ are you moving" post on this board.  It helps me be accountable.  Once I state in writing what I'll eat and the exercise I'll do, I feel responsible to the OH community to follow through.

Here's some stuff that might help:
1) Begin tracking everything you put into your mouth.  You can do that here on OH in the Health Tracker.  Myfitnesspal is also free and works on mobile devices. 

2) Determine your RMR http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

3) Set your daily caloric level at your RMR - 500.  This will set you up to lose 1 lb per week, which is the safest level to shoot for AND it will give you enough food so you don't feel deprived.

4) Make 100-120 grams of protein per day your goal.  I eat a 6-7 oz chicken breast grilled every single day.  That alone is 53 grams of protein, and it is real food so I feel full.

5) Eat 6-7 small meals each day.  This will keep your blood sugar level and will keep you feeling full.

6) Exercise.  Everyday.  At least 30 minutes.  If your heartrate is up and you are sweating, you are good.

7)  Follow the rules of your surgery.  Do not drink with meals and do not drink for at least 30 minutes afterward.  Limit simple carbs and sugar, but don't completely eliminate them.  If you do, you'll feel deprived, and we all know how well that has worked for us in the past.......

8)  Come here for support.  We are here for you.

also read this http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/01/magazine/tara-parker-pope- fat-trap.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Most Active