I'm Just Saying...

dlecia05
on 8/17/12 5:57 am - Sylacauga, AL
Well, decided to do a consult for plastics yesterday and sad to say. I was shock and a little bit disappointed. The prices are something else!!! So my firends how do I combat the loose skin and arm wings and disappearing butt? I'm at a steady weight and it's almost 4 years out. My doctor is no longer around (for those of you who may know where he (Freeman) is and if he's back to work, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!)

So will weightlifting help with any of this loose skin? I haven't worn shorts in years and I'm clueless about bra sizes (yes I've been measured but try keeping something in a bathing suit top, ugh!) Cami have been my boobs best friend.  T-shirts with long sleeves to cover the bi/tricpep area and flat boobies.

I"m proud to say that i can run/jog/trot a good few yards with out passing out. LOL (slight exaggeration) but without being out of breath. And i can do at least 2 maybe3 girly push-ups (on a good day).

I have a good friend who's a gym rat and very encouraging. She's tries her best to help me. (More protein to help build muscle!)

However, any suggestions from those who are there or who have been there. Help! I want to definitely gain muscle and maybe it'll help fill out this loose skin some. Tired of looking at these bodybuilding bodies with no instruction on how to get started to get there. I'm no gym rat or exercise fanatic. Can barely find time for myself. (Trying to work on that)

I love the beach and next year I want to go without walking around in capris and t-shirts the whole time and not getting in the pool.

Sigh! But it's going to be a good day!
Thanks in advance for all encouragement and responses!

Pre-admission testing: 261
First goal: 185
Second goal: 180
Third goal:  178

Louise A.
on 8/17/12 6:28 am - Anniston, AL
I am 9 years out and have a lot of loose skin.   I guess we are some of the lucky ones who insurance want cover.   I have not been able to get mine to cover.  Your best friend will be some support underwear.   As for the bra's  I highly recommend  The Fitting Touch at the Summit in Birmingham.   Her bras are pricey but well worth the money.  She will measure you and have you try on several different styles to get the one that best suits you and your body.  

I also used Dr. Freeman and just spoke with him a few days ago.    As for me I sure miss him and the office girls and Tim.   No one can ever take his place.

Building muscle will help with some of the loose skin but will not fill it all out.    Keep up the good work.  As for as going to the beach go ahead and go.   I promise you that you can always see some one that should not have on a swim suit.   We were there a couple weeks ago and I promise you there was a lady who was probaly close to 300# in a bikini.  It  was funny watching her trying to keep that skimpy top on and keep those skimpy bottoms up. 
dlecia05
on 8/19/12 11:35 am - Sylacauga, AL
Thanks Louise,
I went to the Hanes store at the Outlet Mall in Leeds (GrandView?) and they did the sizing and all that and they're expensive too! LOL. Camis are my new best friend.LOL Makes me look like I have it going on.. a little bit anyway.  
Is Dr. Freeman going to open back up shop? I miss them too. I was supposed to see his this month and I haven't decided on anyone else to go see in his place. Not many options. Luckily I haven't needed a fill in awhile but was going to talk to Dr. Freeman about possible port removal since I'm pretty much good.
No my insurance won't cover any type of cosmetics. Won't even cover orthodontics unless its your children 19 and under and I just found out that i need them and not for cosmetic purposes.
I want to build muscle but enough that it won't make all that loss skin sooooo noticeable.
Thanks for the encouragement!
I know I'm not supposed to but I kind of envy some of those courageous women at the beach that don't look like the models in magazines that haven't had kids or anything major to make them look like most of us. If i could find that courage maybe I'd enjoy the beach time more!!! I look at them but in my mind I'm clapping my hands to them for being brave to not care and wear what they want regardless!!

Kim S.
on 8/20/12 7:17 am - Helena, AL
I've worked out for 4 years now, and I've been at a stable weight for about 2 years. I am having a lower body lift November 9th and possibly a breast lift too if he can do it all at one time.  I have to pay for it-insurance wont cover mine.

Building muscle will help the skin look better, but it can only do so much.

I got fitted at Victoria's Secret and I wear their full coverage bras.  I'm also a big fan of Spanx (the Spanx are better than the cheaper version at Target...I've tried both) and I also have Tape Measure tank tops.

It took me a long time to decide on plastics.  I didn't want to spend the money.  But, I'm a runner, and I'm tired of the flapping skin and infections in my navel from the skin.

I will not ever have my arms or thighs done.  I will not trade skin for scars...for me, it is not worth it, and I like the way my arms look.....I do have loose skin, but I also have really good muscle tone.  My thighs are hopeless, very muscular but very dimpled.

On the subject of a swimsuit.......DO NOT let your insecurities keep you from doing ANYTHING!  You can rock a swimsuit!  People will view you as you view yourself.  I act like I'm a supermodel when I'm on the beach and I don't care what the world thinks!

Best wishes to you.

dlecia05
on 8/26/12 7:16 am - Sylacauga, AL
Hi Kim,
What are Tape Measure tank tops? Are didn't know Spanx made bras either?

I understand about spenind the money on plastics. (I'd have to pay out of pocket too and don't even have that kind of money. I was only about to get my band because i had changed jobs and got my 401K to pay for it. If not i would've still been spending out money back and for to doctors visits and meds that were not helping.)

I'm going to start running since i can run a short distance (some feet..lol) without panting like a puppy. Just have to get that breathing to where i'm doing it right.

I have no muscle tone at all, that's my problem. I've got to work on building muscle. I know i won't be getting plastics done so I've put that on a far back burner (i wanted to see what it would cost to get them done). I don't care about the dimples but if my thighs were just muscular then i would be way okay...LOL and if i didn't have a lot of hanging skin in the tricep area. My boobs get help from  the bras and camis but by themselves is another story. (And then i think about when i get older how would i look with implants and everything else don't really match and then trying to get them out?)

And thank you for the swimsuit encouragement! Since I didn't make it to the beach this year, I hope to go next year!

Thanks Kim!

Kim S.
on 8/27/12 9:35 am - Helena, AL
Tape Measure tanks are a type of compression tank to smooth everything out in the middle.

Spanx doesmake bras, but I've not tried them (some kind of back smoothing bra)...I was commenting about how much I like their product...I love the higher power panty.  Very comfy and worth the money IMO.

I love running, and I had never done it.  I credit the running with the good muscle tone I have in my legs.  Of course, it burns a nice chunk of calories too!  Google "tips for beggining runner" and "breating while running".  You'll come across some great articles that will help.

I hear ya about the implants....I'm only doing a lift-no implants.  I don't want to have to worry about getting them removed/replaced later, and I really don't want big boobs....gets in the way of exercising.

Most Active