Seriously About To Give Up

pebblesal
on 12/28/16 9:21 am

A little backstory before I get to the question:  In 2011 I was very sick and almost died from a ruptured chocolate ovarian cyst.  I lost 115 lbs. in 10 days (this was mostly infection and fluid). My incision was from my breastbone to my pelvic bone and I lost all abdominal muscle control.  During rehab I was, for all intents purposes, bed ridden.  I was allowed to get up and go to the bathroom and shower, but not much else.  I started gaining weight back after rehab.  I was left with a pannus that as I have relost the weight keeps getting bigger and heavier.  It now is estimated to weigh over 150 lbs.  All of my doctors (cardiologist, orthopedic, primary care, a hospitalist, and two surgeons) all agree that I must have the pannus removed.  My insurance company (which is through my husbands employer) will not pay for this surgery as they deem it a "vanity procedure".  I have been fighting this for five years.  I get recurrent cellulitis and now have pressure sores from the last inpatient stay.  I am diabetic, have high blood pressure, have a-fib, mitral valve prolapse, depression, anxiety, hip problems, back problems, and my legs will turn cold and black if I sit up too long.  Basically I have no life.  I am tied to my sofa (which is also my bed) unless my husband is here to take care of me.  He is our sole support and has had to miss an inordinate amount of time to care for me.  I really am about to give up. Now my question:  Does anyone here know how to help me? This forum is my last hope. God Bless you all.

Most Active