vaginal odor

knewlife
on 8/1/07 10:51 pm - lake park, GA

I am 4 months out from surgery and have noticed I have a vaginal odor that I have not had before.   I have been to the ob and had testing, no infection found.  Has anyone else had this problem after surgery

Barbee20201
on 2/15/20 9:24 pm

I also noticed a vaginal odor. Mine smells like sweat, but it's strong enough to smell through my clothing. I had to cha ge my laundry detergent and wash my underwear in Free and Clear detergent. I so use unscented soap. I started taking Renewal Probiotics for Woman(mouth) and Boric Acid Suppositories(vaginally). I have noticed I smell fresh and my vagina doesn't look as swollen on the inside. I wonder if the lack of good bacteria due to surgery is impacting the vaginal flora.

(deactivated member)
on 8/1/07 10:57 pm
it's coming from the fast release of hormones into your system... I have to use alot of femine hygene (sp?) products to help take care of it.. And what's so funny is I've had a total hystorectomy (sp?) done in 2001 ... go figure *lol* I love the summer's eve line... good luck Stephie
knewlife
on 8/1/07 11:25 pm - lake park, GA

I have been looking online and there is a pill that is supposed to help.  I will get the name and try it and let you know.  I know how you feel, it is so embarrasing. 

knewlife
on 8/1/07 11:03 pm - lake park, GA
thanks stephanie, do you think this is something that will go away?  My doctor seems to act like I am crazy and he has not had complaints about it.
ladybugmom C.
on 8/1/07 11:06 pm - Roanoke Rapids, NC
Its embarassing but yes I have noticed some odor. Even after showering / bathing I still sometimes smell a vaginal odor. Even my husband commented on it..... (it really upset me and I didn't want him to even get close to me anymore..... b/c I was embarassed and he really hurt my feelings) He was very ugly & rude about it and started accusing me of all kinds of things. If you find a secret to stop the odor please let me know. I started using all kinds of over the counter products, but I don't think they help much. I had a complete hystorectomy 10 years ago.... didn't think I'd have these problems again. You are not alone. Wish I had some answers. Hugs, Wanda

SURGERY DATE: MAY 16, 2006.... 238 LBS (TWO YEARS POST OP!!!!!)
GOAL WEIGH: 135 LBS
CURRENT WEIGH: 112 LBS (BELOW GOAL and trying to gain)
TOTAL LOSS: 126 LBS         
I DID IT!!!! LIFE IS GRAND!!!!!  CHECK OUT MY PICTURES!!!

carpink72
on 8/2/07 5:26 am - East Orange, NJ
I don't know you husband and I hope I don't offend you, but he sounds like a real ass.  Why would he say such a cruel thing to you, especially when you probably already had esteem issues with the weight now you have to worry about being intimate because of vaginal odor?   Carla 
ladybugmom C.
on 8/2/07 5:49 am - Roanoke Rapids, NC
This is just one issue he WAS an ass about. We are separated!!!!  Thanks for your concern. hugs, Wanda

SURGERY DATE: MAY 16, 2006.... 238 LBS (TWO YEARS POST OP!!!!!)
GOAL WEIGH: 135 LBS
CURRENT WEIGH: 112 LBS (BELOW GOAL and trying to gain)
TOTAL LOSS: 126 LBS         
I DID IT!!!! LIFE IS GRAND!!!!!  CHECK OUT MY PICTURES!!!

hollyround2
on 2/17/20 10:46 am - Gastonia, NC

Awesome for you!! Nobody needs a man lime thst in their life.

I also got a divorce after my RNY surgery. My husband was not rude but he still tried to keep sabotaging my weight loss. He is now a friend without benefits of 24 yrs...his loss.

SassySteph
on 8/1/07 11:15 pm - Lusby, MD
OMG I have it also and thought I was going crazy I thought maybe it was the Ketone thing.  I am soon to be 8 months out and I still have it. Stephanie

Most Active